Welcome to the new Woodmann RCE Messageboards Regroupment
Please be patient while the rest of the site is restored.

To all Members of the old RCE Forums:
In order to log in, it will be necessary to reset your forum login password ("I forgot my password") using the original email address you registered with. You will be sent an email with a link to reset your password for that member account.

The old vBulletin forum was converted to phpBB format, requiring the passwords to be reset. If this is a problem for some because of a forgotten email address, please feel free to re-register with a new username. We are happy to welcome old and new members back to the forums! Thanks.

All new accounts are manually activated before you can post. Any questions can be PM'ed to Kayaker.

GPU Cryptography

To discuss DES MD5 El-Gamal RSA PGP and others....
Monk

GPU Cryptography

Post by Monk »

Would be cool to have a cryptography system where you can load values from a file into a texture on a OPENGL surface and apply different filters/transformations to the surface to generate a new image. The final image is the encrypted/decrypted file. Since modern GPU's have multiple pixel pipelines theoretically you can encrypt/decrypt messages quite fast. Kind of curious if the output image would be different from card to card (do to the way the OPENGL are implemented in the drivers). I believe people have already done something similar when generating rainbow tables. Just an idea for a crackme =).

Edit: Looks like if you google gpu crpytography you can find some cool papers.
Silkut

Post by Silkut »

For the record it has been somewhat suggested before, but with DX shaders... (no troll intended)
http://www.woodmann.com/forum/showthrea ... stcount=14

If you come to do things on the subject, I (and the CRCEKL) are very interested, although sucking at crypto. =)
Please consider donating to help Woodmann.com staying online (here is why).
Any amount greatly appreciated. Thank you.