Welcome to the new Woodmann RCE Messageboards Regroupment
Please be patient while the rest of the site is restored.

To all Members of the old RCE Forums:
In order to log in, it will be necessary to reset your forum login password ("I forgot my password") using the original email address you registered with. You will be sent an email with a link to reset your password for that member account.

The old vBulletin forum was converted to phpBB format, requiring the passwords to be reset. If this is a problem for some because of a forgotten email address, please feel free to re-register with a new username. We are happy to welcome old and new members back to the forums! Thanks.

All new accounts are manually activated before you can post. Any questions can be PM'ed to Kayaker.

Great to be back!!!

WaxfordSqueers

Great to be back!!!

Post by WaxfordSqueers »

Thanks, Kayaker, for all the work you did to get us back online.
Kayaker

Re: Great to be back!!!

Post by Kayaker »

Thank Woodmann for being generous enough to continue to host the site and wanting to preserve the 20+ year legacy for a while longer. There is still some work to be done but we'll try to make it worthwhile.

The old vBulletin forum was converted to this new phpBB format for stability, most everything migrated over successfully though there might be a few things like old bbcode tags that aren't perfect.

Unfortunately the passwords couldn't be converted so all previous Members will have to reset their password by choosing "I forgot my password" using the email address they initially registered with. They will be sent an email with a link to change their password. This might be a problem for some, but they can always re-register under a new username.

Hopefully we get to see some old members coming back and even some new members showing interest as we go forward.
WaxfordSqueers

Post by WaxfordSqueers »

Kayaker wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:52 am Thank Woodmann for being generous enough to continue to host the site and wanting to preserve the 20+ year legacy for a while longer. There is still some work to be done but we'll try to make it worthwhile.
Thanks, Woody. Hope everything is good with you.

And let's not forget Fravia. May he rest in peace. I had the good fortune to communicate with Fravia a couple of times and I remember his site well with the fancy photos and the microdot (hidden) links.
blabberer

Post by blabberer »

Yeah It is good to be back

Hi To Everyone

Welcome back
TQN

Post by TQN »

Great to be back.
Welcome Woodmann RCE forum return
Thanks Kayaker and all old forum members. Long time no see.
Best regards,
zahara

Post by zahara »

Sounds Good
Hi to everyone

Welcome Woodmann RCE forum return.
TBone

Post by TBone »

It lives!

I still have the t-shirt Woodmann sent me for finding that painting.

So, uh...does that make this the RCE Messageboards Regroupment Regroupment?
Kayaker

Post by Kayaker »

Hi TBone,

I think the first Regroupment was probably the Fravia/Sandman transition. Maybe this is more of a Realignment?

It's funny, I was rereading that thread not too long ago when I was working on converting the forum into its current format. I am still impressed how you solved that search challenge. It's kind of cool how so many people spent so many hours working on this old Fravia challenge, just for the pure intellectual pleasure of doing so.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11109&start=27

Was this the prize t-shirt?
tshirt1.jpg
tshirt1.jpg (61.33 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
tshirt2.jpg
tshirt2.jpg (51.29 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
TBone

Post by TBone »

Yep, that's the exact one.

My only regret is that the solution turned out to be as mundane as "I just google image searched it", but I was happy to finally have an answer anyway. I still haven't solved the other half of that challenge -- the one with the figurine? statue? of a man peering into the trashcan full of toys. Every now and then I still think about it and do some more searching, but I've never gotten anywhere with it. I still can't even decide what he's made out of.

A funny thing about that image: at one point in time, it had a high page rank (well, image rank I guess) for the term "searching". You could find the image scattered around in random places where someone wanted an infographic for "searching" and just grabbed whatever came up in GIS for "search(ing)". But these days, google doesn't even find it in a reverse search. I guess it's dropped of their radar as more and more of the searchlores mirrors have bitrotted away.

Edit:
TInEye does a little better, but nothing exciting. Not a bad way to find functional Fravia mirrors, actually...
justEvaluator

Post by justEvaluator »

created this new user; can't signin in old yaho account, nor can reset; did they reset password?
btw, can't we inject in this BBforum DB new mail address?
Kayaker

Post by Kayaker »

Hi Eval,

Patch injected. I updated your old account with the new email address and sent out a Reactivation email. Log in again with your old name and say "I forgot my password" to reset a password for your original account. I can tell it's you from the information.

It's really nice to see some old members coming back here, I don't feel quite so all alone now :p

Cheers
rahulmks

Post by rahulmks »

Hi Great Guys,
nice to see you all the great guys and some still to come
thanks to woodmann and for Woodmann RCE forum return
i have learn alot from RCE and i want to learn alot
i love woodmann two words Learn Or Die.
thanks alot guys welcome back
thanking you woodmann,foxb,kayaker,WaxfordSqueers,johnvb
RahulMks