Welcome to the new Woodmann RCE Messageboards Regroupment
Please be patient while the rest of the site is restored.

To all Members of the old RCE Forums:
In order to log in, it will be necessary to reset your forum login password ("I forgot my password") using the original email address you registered with. You will be sent an email with a link to reset your password for that member account.

The old vBulletin forum was converted to phpBB format, requiring the passwords to be reset. If this is a problem for some because of a forgotten email address, please feel free to re-register with a new username. We are happy to welcome old and new members back to the forums! Thanks.

All new accounts are manually activated before you can post. Any questions can be PM'ed to Kayaker.

Bulk Labelling PlugIn for OllyDbg v1.0

Plugin related discussions.

For plugins, tools and tutorials see <a href="/collaborative/tools/index.php/Category:OllyDbg_Extensions">OllyStuph</a>
Veronica

Bulk Labelling PlugIn for OllyDbg v1.0

Post by Veronica »

The objective is to take a Memory Map listing from a compilation and extract all Label-Address (Symbol-Address) pairs from such a (text) file. These are then fed into OllyDbg such that it will display Symbols rather than Memory Addresses. This renders OllyDbg's presentations about as readable as is possible in a Debugging Environment.

The precursor is, of course, the availability of a Memory Map in textual format. Most IDEs (Linkers) should be able to produce that.

This is the link:

http://www.VeronicaChapman.com/OllyDbg/BlkLabel.zip

There is a ReadMe that explains the package. The PlugIn comes with a Help File that explains everything anyway (as far as I can see).

The main PlugIn (BlkLabel.dll) calls a Sub-Plugin (SubLabel.dll). All of the reformatting to support the extraction of Label-Address pairs for a specific Memory Map File Format is contained within SubLabel.dll. Write a different one of those, and you can decipher the Memory Map File of your choice. You just need to create an Export to handle (maybe translate) each Character, and another to decipher each Text Record. BlkLabel itself handles all the rest.

Oh. There's just one small thing. The Source Code is contained in the package, but the PlugIn is written in Clarion ... so I don't know if it will be much use to you but if it is you are welcome to use it.
reverser

Post by reverser »

Whoa Clarion! It's still around?
dELTA

Post by dELTA »

Nice, thanks for the contribution. :yay:

CRCETL:
http://www.woodmann.com/collaborative/t ... p/BlkLabel
"Give a man a quote from the FAQ, and he'll ignore it. Print the FAQ, shove it up his ass, kick him in the balls, DDoS his ass and kick/ban him, and the point usually gets through eventually."
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

reverser wrote:Whoa Clarion! It's still around?
Yes ... they're up to Clarion 7, although mine is only Clarion 2. But, by using Windows APIs, I can do anything - as I'm sure you will all know only too well.