Welcome to the new Woodmann RCE Messageboards Regroupment
Please be patient while the rest of the site is restored.

To all Members of the old RCE Forums:
In order to log in, it will be necessary to reset your forum login password ("I forgot my password") using the original email address you registered with. You will be sent an email with a link to reset your password for that member account.

The old vBulletin forum was converted to phpBB format, requiring the passwords to be reset. If this is a problem for some because of a forgotten email address, please feel free to re-register with a new username. We are happy to welcome old and new members back to the forums! Thanks.

All new accounts are manually activated before you can post. Any questions can be PM'ed to Kayaker.

Setting symbol names

Support forums for OllyDbg 32-bit Assembler-Level Debugger.
Developed by Oleh Yuschuk (http://www.ollydbg.de)
ptr0x

Setting symbol names

Post by ptr0x »

Hi there, and thanks for reading my topic.

I'm having some troubles when analyzing some big function.

I just can not find nothing about set the name of some symbols, like local variables, arguments and so on.

It would be very much helpful if I could name local variables.

I found that the OllyDbg read the .PDB file to set and name the symbols, but if I'm analyzing some PE without his PDB, what could I do? I thought that perhaps there was some PDB generator or something like this.

Is there some plugin or some other way to solve this issue?

Thanks very much.
Kayaker

Post by Kayaker »

Probably not quite the solution you're looking for, but Mapgen is an extended version of the Mapconv IDA to Olly plugin which supports exporting local variables, enums, struct offsets, etc. A lot of extra work just to beautify the Olly output, but it does work to a degree.

http://www.woodmann.com/collaborative/t ... php/Mapgen