Welcome to the new Woodmann RCE Messageboards Regroupment
Please be patient while the rest of the site is restored.

To all Members of the old RCE Forums:
In order to log in, it will be necessary to reset your forum login password ("I forgot my password") using the original email address you registered with. You will be sent an email with a link to reset your password for that member account.

The old vBulletin forum was converted to phpBB format, requiring the passwords to be reset. If this is a problem for some because of a forgotten email address, please feel free to re-register with a new username. We are happy to welcome old and new members back to the forums! Thanks.

All new accounts are manually activated before you can post. Any questions can be PM'ed to Kayaker.

how to make a computer work faster?

RCE of Linux tools and programs.
moonlight429

how to make a computer work faster?

Post by moonlight429 »

Hi friends, after installing multiple anti virus and couple of security protocol now, my desktop really act very slow. Are there any tips on how to make a computer work faster? I did disk cleanup and disk defragmenter systems and was pretty excited when a lot of virus and Trojan were cleaned. But it didn’t improve the performance.
Polaris

Post by Polaris »

Easy and clean: Save your data, grab **Your favourite Linux here**, install it, configure iptables, get some good avscanner for Linux and you're ready to go ;) .
Stand In The Fog With So Cold A Heart... Watching The Death Of The Sun...
LLXX

Post by LLXX »

Polaris wrote:get some good avscanner for Linux
I thought Linux *was* an antivirus :D
[ ~Litana L.X. Xahanien~ ]
Polaris

Post by Polaris »

LLXX wrote:I thought Linux *was* an antivirus :D
You're right, getting infected on Linux is very difficult, but better be on the safe side and suggest the use of an AV scanner ;) With a good firewall you can rely on ClamAV that is decent and free.
Stand In The Fog With So Cold A Heart... Watching The Death Of The Sun...