Welcome to the new Woodmann RCE Messageboards Regroupment
Please be patient while the rest of the site is restored.

To all Members of the old RCE Forums:
In order to log in, it will be necessary to reset your forum login password ("I forgot my password") using the original email address you registered with. You will be sent an email with a link to reset your password for that member account.

The old vBulletin forum was converted to phpBB format, requiring the passwords to be reset. If this is a problem for some because of a forgotten email address, please feel free to re-register with a new username. We are happy to welcome old and new members back to the forums! Thanks.

All new accounts are manually activated before you can post. Any questions can be PM'ed to Kayaker.

Patch Generator

Questions concerning tools (other than OllyDbg) - IDA Pro, SoftIce, member contributions, etc.
<b>NOTE:</b> You must <b>always</b> make sure you cannot find what you are looking for in our <a href="/collaborative/tools">Collaborative RCE Tool Library</a> before asking for <b>any</b> tools that can do this or that though!
peterg70

Patch Generator

Post by peterg70 »

Question

In regards to patch generators like dup2
I have used it to generate single file patches
i.e. patch something.exe

Does anyone know of a patch generator that you can select from a drop down so you list different files/versions.
I thought I had seen one but I can't find it.

Basically it works like dup2 versions except a drop down box is on the interface and it can have multiple entries
  • something.exe V1.1 patch
  • something.exe V1.2 patch
  • something.dll v1.0 patch
There is a Patch button which does the check first to confirm if already patched otherwise it patches the file
A small text window shows the results of the patching.

thanks in advance
peter
Aimless

Post by Aimless »

Hi Peter,

You may want to check a very long running patching solution used by the BIG companies, M$, Blizzard and others. The software is called RTPatch. The company is www.pocketsoft.com

Let me know if that works.

Have Phun
Blame Microsoft, get l337 !!
peterg70

Post by peterg70 »

I tried Dup2 but forum and some links on his website are no longer there.

It would seem that dup2 can handle plugins.
Anyone have a multi combo box/drop down listbox plugin for dup2.

thanks for the info will check it out if it has the select which version to update option.
hfm

Post by hfm »

Are you trying to patch different versions of the same software?

If so why not detect the file versions in dup2 and apply the patches as required.
peterg70

Post by peterg70 »

Both actually.

Different versions of the same software and different software from the same company.

Anyone else finding the www.pocketsoft.com website not responding?