Welcome to the new Woodmann RCE Messageboards Regroupment
Please be patient while the rest of the site is restored.

To all Members of the old RCE Forums:
In order to log in, it will be necessary to reset your forum login password ("I forgot my password") using the original email address you registered with. You will be sent an email with a link to reset your password for that member account.

The old vBulletin forum was converted to phpBB format, requiring the passwords to be reset. If this is a problem for some because of a forgotten email address, please feel free to re-register with a new username. We are happy to welcome old and new members back to the forums! Thanks.

All new accounts are manually activated before you can post. Any questions can be PM'ed to Kayaker.

COM object DLL?

Interesting low-level stuff, operating system related issues, packer/vx acrobatics, drivers and non-newbie programming in general, including win32 assembly and whatever else.
FrankRizzo

COM object DLL?

Post by FrankRizzo »

Have I told you lately that I hate COM? Well, if not, I do.

I have a target that has a .dll that I believe to be a COM object, it includes a nice Interop.(name).DLL, which tells me that the functions that I'm interested in are IN the referenced .dll.

So, the problem in case you don't know where this is going.

When I run the .DLL through IDA, I get a nice disassembly, with just the bare minimum of DLL exports. (Since it's a COM object, the interfaces, objects, and all of that aren't exported that way!).

I've grabbed all the COM tools from the CRETL, and I have yet to find anything that helps me ID the functions in the .DLL.

So, is there something that will take in this 64-bit DLL, and tell me where stuff is? (Does the Interop dll do it, but I don't KNOW it?)

Any help is appreciated!
disavowed

Post by disavowed »

I've had good experience with http://www.japheth.de/COMView.html

If that doesn't work for you and you'd like to write your own tool, you can use the source code in http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... TLBDBG.exe as a foundation.