Welcome to the new Woodmann RCE Messageboards Regroupment
Please be patient while the rest of the site is restored.

To all Members of the old RCE Forums:
In order to log in, it will be necessary to reset your forum login password ("I forgot my password") using the original email address you registered with. You will be sent an email with a link to reset your password for that member account.

The old vBulletin forum was converted to phpBB format, requiring the passwords to be reset. If this is a problem for some because of a forgotten email address, please feel free to re-register with a new username. We are happy to welcome old and new members back to the forums! Thanks.

All new accounts are manually activated before you can post. Any questions can be PM'ed to Kayaker.

Complete Newbie

First timers and new learners, this forum is for you. Please use the search function to see if your question has already been answered.
Aerzan

Complete Newbie

Post by Aerzan »

Hey

I've been trying to crack for a while, but all the tutorials I find are can't seem to help me. The only tools I can find are W32Dasm and Hiew, and I can't download softice because I'm using windows xp and can't find a patch for it. Just about every tutorial I've read uses Softice, and if it doesn't, it uses some other tools that I can't seem to find. And when I read tutorials that use targerts, I can't find the version that they use because it's outdated or somethin. I can't seem to crack any program and I've tried numerous times! Nothing is working for me :( If anyone knows of a good tutorial/site that could get me started, it would be VERY much appreciated. Thanks
esther

Post by esther »

esther

Reverse the code,Reverse Your Minds First
Aerzan

Post by Aerzan »

Thanks...

I have read many tutorials which list many tools to download...
what tools do you suggest I get...and btw, I can't get softice because I have Windows XP.
thanks
esther

Post by esther »

search the forum winxp you will find information
http://www.woodmann.net/forum/showthrea ... ghlight=wi

NO WAREZ IS ALLOWED
esther

Reverse the code,Reverse Your Minds First
ZaiRoN

Post by ZaiRoN »

hey Aerzan,
softice is the best debugger but it's not the only one.
you can try to use Ollybdg; userfriendly and simple to use. it's a good tool and (imho) nice for newbies.
if you want to work on simple target, look at the mini project area. there are many thread newbie-oriented (some with tutorial)...
my 2$...

regards,
ZaiRoN