Welcome to the new Woodmann RCE Messageboards Regroupment
Please be patient while the rest of the site is restored.

To all Members of the old RCE Forums:
In order to log in, it will be necessary to reset your forum login password ("I forgot my password") using the original email address you registered with. You will be sent an email with a link to reset your password for that member account.

The old vBulletin forum was converted to phpBB format, requiring the passwords to be reset. If this is a problem for some because of a forgotten email address, please feel free to re-register with a new username. We are happy to welcome old and new members back to the forums! Thanks.

All new accounts are manually activated before you can post. Any questions can be PM'ed to Kayaker.

Key Level & Key Options

First timers and new learners, this forum is for you. Please use the search function to see if your question has already been answered.
ironman

Key Level & Key Options

Post by ironman »

Hi Guys..

Newbie, but a big reader of the forums. I have learnt how to use CKinfo and OllyDbg to obtain my sitekey , site code and master code , but when generating it It asks for key level and key options.. I have tried searching for GetLevel / Options calls, or any text but am having no luck.. could anyone offer guidance..
FoxB

Post by FoxB »

Try to read the crypkey api manual?
ironman

Post by ironman »

I have read crypkey sdk manual which explains site level and options , but are set by the author on an individual basis. I will look for the API manual and see if this offers further guidance.
ironman

Post by ironman »

I am looking at the Crp32002.ngn file but see no references. Should I use any particular options when this is generated ? Dump CPU ?
ironman

Post by ironman »

To cover the things I have looked at..
I used Ollydbg to search the exe for ASCII strings which revealed the usercode and master code (CKInfo gives the Password etc) . I have the Sitekey from the application .
I just require the level and key options. Are these likely to be in the .exe or the ngn file ? In plain text / binary ..
I'm guessing it must be possible as I have seen people mention it, and have seen a script for an earlier version (are the same levels/keys likely to work) I'm worried to try as a may blow remaining credits away..
I know Keylevel needs to be between 1-16 or multiples
keyoption 1 - 65535 , bt this is just binary right to switch up to 16 options on or off ? so 0 is no options, 65535 is all on ?
sope

Post by sope »

ironman wrote:I have the Sitekey from the application
If you have the SiteKey as you have mentioned what's stopping you to get Key Level & Key Options ?
ckinfo /sitekey ???? ???? ????......
Cheers Sope
Read to Lead
ironman

Post by ironman »

sope wrote:If you have the SiteKey as you have mentioned what's stopping you to get Key Level & Key Options ?
ckinfo /sitekey ???? ???? ????......
Cheers Sope
Apologies Sope, It is the SiteKey I am generating, I have User , Master and Site codes. Its for a piece of software where you could by credits but the vendor no longer issues /supports it .
FoxB

Post by FoxB »

You wrote: i have the site key from the application.

Simply decode it and obtain the key option/level
ironman

Post by ironman »

Apologies that was an error on my part
sope

Post by sope »

ironman, now you need to do some real work to find Key Level & Key Options.
Use available .sig files for IDA & run it on your .exe files if your are lucky functions will get identified, if not than you need to manually find it.

I failed badly long time back generating .sig from the .lib of the sdk.

Get the SDK if possible & than try to generate .sig from source code i mean examples or demo programs from the sdk etc... & than try to apply it. I was lucky with one program which had used call _readyToTryDays this is long time back.

Cheers Sope!
Read to Lead
kjms

Post by kjms »

hoops sorry sign file found...