Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: BlackBerry OS

randyman
    Have you guys made any progress since the last post? It's a shame to see such a great thread die.

Keep it going!

-randyman
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

drbolsen
    Coddec released

http://drbolsen.wordpress.com/2008/07/14/coddec-released

drbolsen
    Last edited by drbolsen; July 14th, 2008 at 05:47.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

really interesting contribution mate.
    Little OT for the rest of you: I would love to receive a tutorial on this platform for our coming ARTeam's eZine.. contact me if you are interested. Any contribution is welcome!
    (`._.[*~-.,.-~* ŜħůβŇĝŕřāŧħ ₪*~-.,.-~*]._.)
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't
    http://www.accessroot.com

Blog Entries
    Very nice work drbolsen, and thanks for the heads up too!

CRCETL:
    http://www.woodmann.com/collaborative/tools/index.php/Coddec

Also, some of the other tools/resources referenced in this thread:

http://www.woodmann.com/collaborative/tools/index.php/RIMJava

http://www.woodmann.com/collaborative/tools/index.php/COD_File_Analysis_Template
    "Give a man a quote from the FAQ, and he'll ignore it. Print the FAQ, shove it up his ass, kick him in the balls, DDoS his ass and kick/ban him, and the point usually gets through eventually."

drbolsen
    dELTA, no worries mate More stuff`s coming ...

Look, this RCE library looks awesome. I love it

Blog Entries
    Hey drbolsen, I'm glad you like the Collaborative RCE Tool Library. Please feel free to update coddec in it yourself if you want, and submit your future tools to it too.

Sounds great with more stuff coming anyway.

One question, why are some classes named so strangely in the coddec source, with only one-letter names? Is the source obfuscated, or decompiled from obfuscated class files? It makes it much harder to follow anyway. I spoke to Hexxx, and he is still interested in the possibility of using this knowledge to create an IDA processor module for Blackberry/COD, but he was also a bit puzzled by this hard to follow naming convention?
    "Give a man a quote from the FAQ, and he'll ignore it. Print the FAQ, shove it up his ass, kick him in the balls, DDoS his ass and kick/ban him, and the point usually gets through eventually."

drbolsen
    Quote Originally Posted by dELTA View Post
    One question, why are some classes named so strangely in the coddec source, with only one-letter names? Is the source obfuscated, or decompiled from obfuscated class files? It makes it much harder to follow anyway. I spoke to Hexxx, and he is still interested in the possibility of using this knowledge to create an IDA processor module for Blackberry/COD, but he was also a bit puzzled by this hard to follow naming convention?

from drbolsen.wordpress.com:

Well, it is not actual coddec we use in-house but a very first working version of it.
    if you recall from my earlier posts here or on our blog we could de-obfuscate and rebuild the original rapc which "surprise-surprise" had a working parser and analyzer of cod files inside. We extended this version by using knowledge we had acquired reviewing RIMOS so the released tools is actually the result of all this work.

Internally we use more advanced version of the tool - it has more capabilities, it can decompile cod files, and etc. But the core - parsing and analysis - remains the same. At the moment we don't have any plans to release the extended version.

Regarding some funky classes - most of the important classes have been restored so what's been left unresolved either non-important or compiler-related as rapc's primary purpose was to compile java code to cod files, not to decompile them

Whatever you are planning to do - start with coddec.java first, follow the application flow and it will guide you through the important cod structures.

Regarding HEX's work, it is good if he wants do something in this direction and he has time to do so , however personally I am a bit skeptical about that. Anyway all cod structures can be found in /net/rim/tools/complier/codfile folder so if HEX's planning to keep building this IDA loader then this is the right place to start with.

drbolsen

ia!

bb serial console

On another forum (pinstack.com) I read the following:

Recent versions of the blackberry loader utility - loader.exe, allow you to dump the nonvolatile store of the blackberry when launched from the command line:
    loader.exe /dump fileName The loader will start up in console mode and create a raw dump of the flash filesystem.

---
    This works as posted. When I launched loader from the default directory,

c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader /dump whoKnew.dmp

a new console window popped up (instead of the usual gui) with a few interesting status messages during the dump creation and -

whoKnew.dmp was created in apploader
    Dump-(yyyy-mm-dd).log was created in temp.

The dump log indicated that the dumpfile was requested to be encrypted and captured sector-by-sector, request/response results. I had to set up verbose logging in registry to get to this level of specificity - HKCU\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader CPFLogLevel DWord 0x6 as was suggested in the pinstack post (subsequently edited out).

It turns out that the loader console responds to ^q/^s flow control commands, so its sure behaving as a serial console.

whoKnew,
    -ia!

berryable
    if you have an app in mind, i can attain valid serials for numerous bb apps.

cheers,
    http://berryable.wordpress.com
    Last edited by berryable; October 3rd, 2008 at 01:42. Reason: addition

myraddin

Question coddec bug

Has anyone had luck (knowledge ) compiling coddec ?

I cannot get past that 'deliberately' left bug in net.rim.tools.compiler.codfile.DataSection:590

Anyone has a clue?

chadwik66
    Quote Originally Posted by myraddin View Post
    Has anyone had luck (knowledge ) compiling coddec ?

I cannot get past that 'deliberately' left bug in net.rim.tools.compiler.codfile.DataSection:590

Anyone has a clue?
    I've only been able to get this code to compile using X-Develop. NetBeans and eclipse don't seem to work.

ia!
    The guy who "shared" the howto code on BB reversing will not post any more on this topic anywhere. Some of us have worked very hard to bolster the security model, while others have intended to break the security for personal gain.

If he is also responsible for leaking the MFI multiloader code, his is in very hot water with the authorities. So the casual reader should not take his lack of response personally.

-ia! (information assurance!)