Thread: Numega's "keymap" utility

Hybrid View

Numega's "keymap" utility

Hi, Buddies !
    I've recently put an old (486 !) Win 95 system back to service. Downloaded a compact version of the SICE 4.07 (not the whole driver suite). Missing from the compilation however is the small KEYMAP.EXE utility for adapting to non-US keyboards.

I recall when using SICE 4.05, years ago, I had patched the SICE internal keyboard tables "by hand" - I think I even posted about it on this board, or was it another reversing forum, but I have lost trace of that work and my notes. Since Numega finally provided a kb patcher, I wouldn't happily redo do the study again.

I'm not asking where to find toolz - indeed I could in theory download the whole driver suite, but I can't afford a megadwnld just in order to get the tiny keymapper !

Could someone, pardon my audacity, send said utility this way? Contact here (PM) or mail to : czernobyl AT mail.ru

Thank you & happy reversingz !

Blog Entries
    Greeting Czerno,

Seems we did you a misjustice and several of your old posts were "disassociated" with your username. I will fix this tomorrow, you've actually got around 35 posts.

You might have been looking for this old post of yours
    http://www.woodmann.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4170

In any case, here's the latest keymap file, shhh...

Cheers,
    Kayaker

Kayaker:

You may also want to "update" his join date, so it doesn't show he "joined" in 2005, but has posts going back to 2001.

Regards,
    JMI

Smile

Many thanks to Master Kayaker, this keymap will save a lot of time for tasks more productive than finding and patching dumb keyboard tables ;=)

And yes JMI, those old posts are dating me. Well ordinarily I wouldn't care about my own join date to a web forum, but this is undoubtedly an el33t! community in which one can take legitimate pride of being a small part - what a tirade! guess I shouldn't try to make pompous sentences in a, to me, foreign language...

Cheers

--
    Czerno

Quote Originally Posted by Czerno View Post
    guess I shouldn't try to make pompous sentences in a, to me, foreign language...
    Don't worry about it. I'm Scottish. I never have been able to understand English. Lang mae yer lum reek wae ither folks' coal.

Blog Entries
    Good point JMI, done. Indeed Czerno, one should be proud of the battle scars they have received here

Don't worry about it. I'm Scottish
    My condolences
    Still here...

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    My condolences
    Did you ever watch the movie, Trainspotting? The young Scottish lead is lamenting being Scottish. He claims, "it's sh*te being Scottish. We're ruled by a nation of wankers (the English)". You wouldn't be one of those 'W' people, would you, BTW...I haven't forgotten your crackme.

Revealing my location to you could be considered a security risk, I'm afraid. However, devolution, you're welcome to it

Good luck with the crackme. Crackmes.de have upgraded it to a level 5 "professional problem to solve" (which was surprising, and perhaps a reflection of how little DX-related cracking is done as I'd not have pitched it there myself). 150 downloads, no solutions after a month
    Still here...

Revealing my location to you could be considered a security risk, I'm afraid. However, devolution, you're welcome to it
    That would be Mr. Devolution to you. I'm Scottish, but I don't live in Scotland. I'm a Watcher, and my job takes me far and wide.

Good luck with the crackme. Crackmes.de have upgraded it to a level 5 "professional problem to solve" (which was surprising, and perhaps a reflection of how little DX-related cracking is done as I'd not have pitched it there myself). 150 downloads, no solutions after a month
    I wish there were 72 hours in a day. I was quite enjoying your crackme, and I was making inroads, but I had to put another project aside to get on it. I went back to that project for 5 minutes and got so far into it I haven't gotten back to the crackme yet.

The DX approach is certainly different than the message pump (as you put it) approach.

The DX approach is certainly different than the message pump (as you put it) approach.
    It is indeed. I can see many reversers scratching their heads over a certain part of the crackme if they haven't read my previous posts on the subject. It does look a little like magic...

A Watcher? Would that be a Black Watch, or am I way off-base?
    Still here...

It is indeed. I can see many reversers scratching their heads over a certain part of the crackme if they haven't read my previous posts on the subject. It does look a little like magic...
    Have to apologize to Czerno for hijacking his post. I've noticed a few little head scratchers in there. Have you heard of the 'limit' as x approaches zero, rather than dividing by zero itself?

A Watcher? Would that be a Black Watch, or am I way off-base?
    No...you're confusing the kamikaze Scotsmen with The Highlander. The Watchers were a secret society who watched the Immortals. I specialize in watching female Immortals.