Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yoda's Protector 1.3

penguin0103

Yoda's Protector 1.3

Can somebody link me to a tutorial on manually unpacking Yoda's Protector 1.3? I can't find one anywhere. I have unpacked a lot of other versions of yoda but this one seems a little different. If there isn't a tutorial, and if someone knows how to find the OEP, could you help me? It can't be hard. I'm still new to unpacking (trying to learn but i'm a quick learner). If you don't know, could you give me tips on how you would go about finding the OEP of a new kind of packer? Something that could put me in the right direction of unpacking this.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Maybe part of your confusion is coming from the fact that there seems to be some general confusion out there is Goggle land about what is being sought after. It appears that many people are cross referenceing two different programs by Yoda. One appears to be Yoda's Crypter, which is listed usually at version 1.3 and Yoda's Protector, which appear variously listed as version 1.03 and 1.3.

I haven't downloaded any of the offerings to see who is correct, but after reading through many Google pages, I suspect what you really seek is actually Yoda's Protector v. 1.03. And if you search for that program, you will actually find some tutorials discussing how to attack this version.

Why not start there and see what you can learn. That's what one is supposed to do here. You DID actually READ THE FAQ, did you not??

Regards,
    JMI

penguin0103
    No, I know how to unpack 1.03.3 and those versions, but when I open it in PEiD it says this:

yoda's Protector 1.3 -> Ashkbiz Danehkar

It's completely different than the 1.03 versions.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by penguin0103
    could you give me tips on how you would go about finding the OEP of a new kind of packer?
    OllyBonE?

penguin0103
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker
    OllyBonE?
    Excuse me?

And btw, I did read the FAQ. Just because i'm new to the forum doesn't make me stupid. I would not be asking people for help if I didn't search around and try to do it myself first. I've tried a lot of different things trying to unpack it and I failed. Do you have a problem with people trying to learn?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by penguin0103
    Excuse me?

And btw, I did read the FAQ. Just because i'm new to the forum doesn't make me stupid. I would not be asking people for help if I didn't search around and try to do it myself first. I've tried a lot of different things trying to unpack it and I failed. Do you have a problem with people trying to learn?
    Hi

Don't jump to conclusions. My post was meant to help. Search on this forum for the word I posted and if you follow why I posted it you will understand. Reversing is a practice in puzzle solving, my reply, while minimal, was simply a clue leading to something which might help you.

Kayaker

penguin0103
    Sorry Kayaker, that last part I wrote was meant for JMI. I should have said so. I appreciate any help you have to offer.

Just Google 'yoda + unpack' and you'll get quite a few useful results...

penguin0103
    Tried that LLXX

Thanks a lot Kayaker. It was super easy with OllyBonE. I unpacked it in like 20 seconds. I appreciate the help .

Well penguin0103, apparently in the whole week you've condescended to share your time with us, you've managed to display a persecution complex; an inability to discern a rhetorical question; and a complete failure to recognize that you stand to gain very little by attempting to attack members of the administration. Some of us have a job to do here, attempting to maintain a certain modus operanti to be followed by the Posters.

Had you been here longer than just a few days, you might have noticed that I do clearly know how to inform someone they have not followed our posting Rules and made no such accusation in my Post. I asked a question and even appended it with a "thumbs up" rather than a "thumbs down."

No one, except you suggested you were stupid and no one except you suggested there was any problem with people trying to learn. Part of my responsibility here is trying to assist posters, both in their quest for information and in understanding and observing our Rules.

If you did not notice that I did attempt to assist you, that is your problem, not mine. If you really feel so threatened by a mild question, you probably shouldn't be in the kitchen.

Regards,
    JMI

penguin0103
    I never said your post wasn't an attempt to assist me. I am grateful that you took your time to try and help me. That is why I posted. I was just irritated by the fact that you asked me if I read the FAQ, which to me was insinuating that the first thing I did was jump up to the forum and ask you guys to do the job for me. I spent a lot of time searching around and trying to find any tutorials or even a clue on how to unpack it. I asked for help on the forum as a last resort. I appologize if what I said was rude or offended you. I can't see how I broke any rules, but if I did I appologize. Even looking at the FAQ now I still see none that I broke. I even searched the forums first for my answer before making a thread. Again, I appreciate you trying to help.

And again you demonstrate you have a very low threshold of irritation and an overinflated opinion of your "right" or "need" to express it.

I have taken no offense at your remarks. I am simply continuing to do what I am supposed to do here, which is assist in controlling the flow and quality of the content of the Threads.

Has it occurred to you that I ask if you "had read the FAQ" simply because you had not said whether you had? You simply have no idea how may new posters fail to do so. Now why don't you just get on with life.

Regards,
    JMI

penguin0103
    will do

On the original topic in case anyone didn't know, the source to the original Yoda's (1.01) is on Codeproject. It's worth looking at, especially if you're just starting out coding your own protector.

http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/peprotector1.asp
    Still here...

gigaman
    Just as JMI suggested, however, PEiD incorrectly detects Yoda Cryptor 1.3 as Yoda Protector 1.3 (there is nothing like Yoda Protector 1.3).
    So, it would be better to check the sources of Yoda Cryptor 1.3 in this particular case