Thread: help with olly

scotty

help with olly

Hi. I've just started using olly, and right now i'm trying to solve a problem, which seems simple. I have a program on my computer, to which I've lost the disc to, and you cannot start the program without the original disc in the drive. I was wondering if there was anyway to bypass the disc check using ollydbg?

Thanks,
    scotty

*edit : I've tried searching google, this site, and the faq page thoroughly but to no avail.
    Last edited by scotty; August 8th, 2006 at 16:57.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Really! You can find ANYTHING??? Seems you need to start by learning we have an Olly Forum and questions about using Olly should go here.

How about you try a search again, using something similar to:

disc check using olly

And read some of the information I found using that search criteria. You will not get much "love" here until you show that you have actually made an effort to find the answers to YOUR problem.

I know you "said" you searched, but you obviously didn't make much effort in the process. My search got 30,400 hits, and while all of them are not on point, certainly some of them are.

Now go do some actual homework and come back with a slightly more intelligent question other than "teach me how to bypass a disc check with olly."

Regards,
    JMI

scotty
    I have searched, for 4 days now I've been looking for a solution, I've tried multiple things including doing virtual drives.

Upon searching Google, again, I found this:

Cracking can be done to break the protection only if you own the original Disc

So I assume what I'm trying to do isn't possible.

**Edit: I started playing with a tutorial for somethign else, applying it to what I'm doing, and I got it working. I guess I didn't try hard enough. :/
    Last edited by scotty; August 8th, 2006 at 17:45.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Howdy,

See how easy it can be when you just think about options.
    Like looking at similar posts/tuts etc;

Woodmann

aragorn666
    hi am a newbie
    and getting my brains out with debuggers

For some odd reason I think you'll probably be "debugged" very quickly, (not much to do).

SiGiNT
    Unemployed old fart Geek - Self Employed Annoyance
    Team: Noobisco Crackers
    If someone can't do it for you, you'll never learn!