Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with point-h in my computer

Pompeyfan

Help with point-h in my computer

Okay, I have uploaded a screenshot to my website at http://members.optusnet.com.au/~vincewmb/Aussiepompeyfan/Olly.htm, and have been trying to follow the tutorial in 33-punto_ h ingles\Punto_H_english.mht.

Following all the steps in the tutorial 33-punto_ h ingles\Punto_H_english.mht, on my system I ended up with my point-h being at 77C72FFC 0FB650 02 MOVZX EDX,BYTE PTR DS:[EAX+2], and I ended up in GDI32, instead of USER32, I am running the latest version of Olly, and have XP pro on my PC, then when I tried following the steps for the Crackme2, I got this far, but not sure what to do from here, I seem to be in a different location to the tutorial, but I can see the serial of 47802 that I entered.

Could I have done something wrong so far?, if I haven't where do I go from here?
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

You use the cruehead crackme for discover your point h?

When stop in your point, not stop for an exception?
    Do you have non standard keyboard? (two persons with a wireless keyboard has a similar trouble and don't function the tute on your machines)
    Instead thousands users are using point h without trouble.

Are you making bad any step?

Ricardo

Pompeyfan

No, when I load the cruehead crackme, I get a message that Module cracme has entry point outside of the code, anyway I proceeded, but then when I view names, I don't get the user32 translate message listed.
    So I used another crackme, cant recall which one, I just tried a few till I found one with the translate message listed, I did see that your tutorial said you could use any, seems strange the one you suggested wouldn't work for me though.
    I'll try it again, maybe I stopped for an exception as you suggest.
    Have a pretty standard keyboard, so doubt it is to do with that.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

The point H work in 90 percent of the crackmes, but in not all crackmes point H is easy to found, i suggest found the value in cruehead crackme is more easy in other crackmes, and with the value found in cruehead crackme, you can use in any crackme or program.
    I think you have other cruehead crackme, the crackme of the tute is not compressed, look well, cruehead write many crackmes, download of my FTP the right crackme, or mail me and i send you the correct crackme of cruehead for the tute.

Ricardo

my mail is ricnar22@millic.com.ar

Ricardo

Pompeyfan

I've tried this with a few crackmes, but keep bombing out, so I have emailed you asking you to send me the right Cruehead crackme, I must be using the wrong one.
    I appreciate your help.

Pompeyfan

Okay, I finally got there, as you can see from http://members.optusnet.com.au/~vincewmb/Aussiepompeyfan/Olly.htm, but I do think Olly isn't playing completely well on my system, thanks Ricardo for all your help :-)

well the F1-12 keys in OLLY only work if the window of olly is activated, when you click in the run button, you activate the window.
    Click in any part of the OLLY window to activate, and next the F1-F12 are active again.

Ricardo Narvaja

Pompeyfan

Ah, well that explains it then, thanks again. I have successfull completed the Cosh crackme tutorial, what version of Idesk should I get for the next tutorial, is it in your ftp folder?

in my FTP in

D:\FTPROOT\VIEJO CURSO\PROGRAMAS CURSO VIEJO

03-IDesk-260.zip

or 03-Idesk-260.exe

Ricardo Narvaja

Pompeyfan

Thanks Ricardo, I've downloaded it to try out later, I must say your tutorials are very well written and easy to follow.

Pompeyfan

Hmm, is this file aleady unpacked, as I have unpacked it with Procdump, and then Olly doesn't seem to like it at all, it then gives me the message "the procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library WINMM.DLL"

Well you not unpack well, the file, the IAT is bad.

For the tute, is not necesary unpack, only reach the registration window, and put on the command bar

Bp [adress of your punto h]

Ricardo

Pompeyfan

Okay, well I am new to unpacking, I guess I'd better read up on that a bit before doing it again.
    I'll do the tut without unpacking for now then.

Pompeyfan

Okay, I have followed the tut to this point for Idesk:

11) The program stops Idesk Module:

00402E0F 8A1E MOV BL,BYTE PTR DS:[ESI]

12) Trace with F8 to exit this routine (retn) and the program go to the check point of serial:

004C9DB6 A3 04B55200 MOV DWORD PTR DS:[52B504],EAX
    004C9DBB A1 00B55200 MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[52B500]
    004C9DC0 3B05 04B55200 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[52B504]

But I'm not quite sure what I do at step 12, can you clarify this, I would really appreciate this, as it is the last step of the tut, with the previous tut I just kept pressing run till I got to the right point, this is different.