Thread: "Display Memory" like Command in OllyDbg

Joe_Coolish

"Display Memory" like Command in OllyDbg

Sup! i just d/l OllyDbg. I must say, that it is a very handy tool. especially since SoftICE doesn't support XP fully yet. I have been using SoftICE for long time, and have grown very fond of it's power and ease of use. But when I upgraded to XP, SoftICE stopped working, so I switch around and found this debuger. So my question is this, is the a command or a tool/plugin that does the same thing as the display memory comand? (example "DW ds:F1479000")

thanks for you help!
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

j_petrucci

Hi!

I think you can easily look in the lower left part of the screen where the memory dump is displayed: you have to scroll or directly go to the interested location to see what's in it. Pressing the right mouse button you have many features like search data in memory.

I hope to help
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

MC707

Joe_Coolish, DriverStudio 2.7 is working on XP. You just need to know how to install it
    Maybe you may use that: right click on the address and select Follow in Dump. You'll see the data of this address.

Joe_Coolish

Thanx. Yeah, that did it. But after you do that, you have to follow it into the memory map, and that is a pain. But it does work! Thanks!