Thread: 2nd year of OllyDbg anniversary - 11.Nov.2oo2

2nd year of OllyDbg anniversary - 11.Nov.2oo2

heya all,

on 11.Nov.2oo2 OllyDbg celebrates 2 years, so I decided to reopen (thanks to Ro) the OllyDbg Users Forum.

i hope that all OllyDbg users can have a place to share opinions, ideeas & plugins.

enjoy,

TBD

Acid_Cool_178

hehe, OllyDbg is one of the best replacers for SoftIce and it also have grown allot in strength. I have been using OllyDbg from the beginning and is one huge fan of that product.

Let me congrate to Oleh and wish him the best in the future so long he keep it open, and free. I love the man and his motivation on working on the program.

Acid_Cool_178
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Anonymous

since the 1.08b1 olldbg start disassamble the MFc42.DLL,make much slower than before.

poor english
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Anonymous: i didnt feel the difference. and i dont think that you will disassemble everyday, so all information is stored in .udd file

[tip] also apply mfc42.lib as import library(Debug/Select import libraries) and everything will be more clearer then

ps. if you want to stay more on this forum, please register so we can know you name/alias

Anonymous

im sorry i missed the anniversary..
    i remember discovering ollydbg and trying to convey to all my softice friends how magical it was...
    more than a year later, they all use ollydbg

its such a beautiful thing. thank you ollydbg for being an amazing program.

Wayne

How on earth is it free?
    I haven't paid a single cent for OllyDbg, yet:
    - it has helped me pretty much every week for the last year
    - Oleh has been kind enough to include a couple of my suggestions, and also fix all of my two reported bugs
    I can't help but feel like Oleh is getting the raw end of the deal here! -- how can you spend so much time on a program, yet give it out for free? Obviously he knows that if he tried to protect it, somebody would crack it, but he'd still at least then be getting _some_ pay for his hard work.

Don't get me wrong - I love freeware! But OllyDbg is too good, and I can't help but feel guilty when I use it for having paid nothing ...

Many thanks Oleh, and congratulations on creating - hands-down - the only debugger that can hold it's own against SoftICE. You are a rare and amazing man.

Wayne: 1oo% agree with you.

i am with Olly from start (2000) and everytime he had listened to my bug reports & requests (plugin architecture, cosmetical things, ...)

and what i gave him in return ? almost nothing (except this site and one beer when we met in .de)

he is great dude and i hope he can resist in this manner long time from now on

how time flies - on 11.Nov, OllyDbg celebrated 8 years.

Big thanks to Oleh for OllyDbg.

Blog Entries
    Hehe, yes indeed.

Nice to see you're still around btw TBD.
    "Give a man a quote from the FAQ, and he'll ignore it. Print the FAQ, shove it up his ass, kick him in the balls, DDoS his ass and kick/ban him, and the point usually gets through eventually."