Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BGL (babylon glossary) to GLS (babylon glossary source).

son of Bungo & Belladonna bilbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by afree
    I just can't Compile it
    Please don't be so categoric! Get a free compiler, get ZLIB.LIB (first hit in Google) and you too will be able to compile it.

Best regards, bilbo
    Non quia difficilia sunt, non audemus, sed quia non audemus, difficilia sunt.[Seneca, Epistulae Morales 104, 26]

afree

hi

I worked a little bit in C, but I almost forgot it all.
    Any way, I did manage to compile it, but something doesn't work
    Program starts, reads data(I think) but it doesnt write anything except for the header to the file. I will take a look at it later
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Hi, please read the previous post carefully before sending such questions. I also wants you to compile and work on it yourself. but I have sent the compiled file before (#25). Use it and after you got the GLS edit it and change the default lang to arabic.

dreamer155
    hi
    first of all, i wanna thank for this superb code and app. it's been very useful for me. i got plenty of babylon dictionaries, some of them really big. Yesterday, i noticed something regarding the size of characters deflated. for some words, definitions sometimes exceed 1000 chars with all formatting tags eg. "<font><hr><br>...." and these are cut off after 1000 chars, i think. is it possible to increase the buffer size or something to overcome this?
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

antico2
    Hi everyone,

I'm triyng to compile acidmelt code but something goes wrong.
    I've discovered that is missing #include <ctype.h> ( I'm using DEVC++ ).
    The other error that I cannot solve is:

line1> //>>uncompressing >
    line2> zfile=fopen(datname,"wb");
    line3> ztmp=gzopen(tmpfname,"rb");
    line4> if(!zfile||!ztmp) return 0;

line2> error is: In function `int uncomp_bgl(char*, char*)': invalid conversion from `void*' to `FILE*'

I think is a cast type error, but I'm not able to solve it..

Can anyone help me?

regards

antico2

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by antico2 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm triyng to compile acidmelt code but something goes wrong.
    I've discovered that is missing #include <ctype.h> ( I'm using DEVC++ ).
    The other error that I cannot solve is:

line1> //>>uncompressing >
    line2> zfile=fopen(datname,"wb");
    line3> ztmp=gzopen(tmpfname,"rb");
    line4> if(!zfile||!ztmp) return 0;

line2> error is: In function `int uncomp_bgl(char*, char*)': invalid conversion from `void*' to `FILE*'

I think is a cast type error, but I'm not able to solve it..

Can anyone help me?

regards
    Thats's all ok...

I've solved the problem by putting: ztmp=(FILE*)gzopen(tmpfname,"rb") ie:

first: ztmp= gzopen(tmpfname,"rb"); > error
    after: ztmp=(FILE*)gzopen(tmpfname,"rb"); > ok ( casting non implicit in c++ )

The other problem was during the linking process with dev-c++:

I had 4 linking error:

[Linker error] undefined reference to `gzopen'
    [Linker error] undefined reference to `gzeof'
    [Linker error] undefined reference to `gzread'
    [Linker error] undefined reference to `gzclose'
    ld returned 1 exit status

to solve this problem, is necessary to say the linker where is located the libz.a otherwise the linker does not recognize function methods.

( in devcpp go in project>option>linker and add the file required ).

bye

d8o8s8

You go guys

You go guys, great effort and good cause. (:
    I'm gonna join you soon trying to kick the .bdc files.

You are absolutely right dreamer. The buffer size is 1024 and the characters after 1019 chars will be cut. Maybe not an important problem in the C code. But since me as well as some other guys couldn't compile the code and went to the ASM code, I don't know how to workaround this. What if our melted guy (acidmelt) was here! And probably the busy guy -Bilbo- may have a suggestion.

antico2

Smile

Hi,

if you want I can help in the development of the full version of program. Say me what to modify I can do it ( I've all installed on my pc..).

Bigal
    Hi,

if you want I can help in the development of the full version of program. Say me what to modify I can do it ( I've all installed on my pc..).
    It woud be great if you could help with that buffer which is not big enough for all the characters. With some dictionaries an entry can be really big. It would also be great if you could produce a compiled version so that we could all test it. I had a lot of trouble trying to compile the sources, specially with the ZLIB. At the end, after a lot of wasted time I finally had to give up.

One more thing it would be great to have is the decompliling of the bdc format.

Good luck and thanks a million.

antico2
    Quote Originally Posted by szereshki View Post
    The original bgl result is attached (Farsi with windows Arabic encoding). The converted one has all the letters, but with wrong encoding. The source and target languages in the glossary properties tab is selected as English although. Changing from English will result in a more defective output.
    I also attached the changed binary file. It seems there is just one step more. Bilbo! Its your turn again!
    (p.s. I also tried these on Babylon v5)
    Ok, I can make modification to the file ( but let me understand what to modify!! )
    First of all you can find a compiled version of it in the atthached file I've quoted. Try it and after we speak about modification to do.

regards

Bigal
    Ok, I can make modification to the file ( but let me understand what to modify!! )
    First of all you can find a compiled version of it in the atthached file I've quoted. Try it and after we speak about modification to do.

regards

Don't see any attachments. Am I missing something?

antico2
    go to the main address of forum: http://www.woodmann.com/forum/ and make the login from there

Bigal
    go to the main address of forum: http://www.woodmann.com/forum/ and make the login from there
    I've done that but i still don't see your attachment

Bigal: Go directly to my post#25. I attached it there.
    Antico2: How you compiled the c code? Any special compiler? let us now about it. thx