Thread: Real Player and recording?

Hugo

Real Player and recording?

I've read Woodmans excellent reverse ingeneering instruction how to enable recording of "non recordable" streams. But now there is Real Player 8 plus out there. Is there a shortcut to do it all again or is it a new task? I don't know much about Intel assembler prorgramming, allthough I'm a fairly skilled programmer. Isen't there a way of pretending to be RealPlayer and just implement the rstp protocol and download it all?
    So to now to the point. If you think Woodmans method is still the way to go, please tell me so. If there is a easier way around please tell me that as well.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

woodmann
    Do your research, You will find that Real player is painfully lame.

Peace, Woodmann
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Hugo
    Thank's woodmann but that do not help me a lot. I've opend the .rm files and noticed the property value. It's a pain setting my computer to act as sever and getting the warez versions of realplayer studio. I'm lame as well as RealPlayer but a further hint would do no damage.

Hugo
    Forgot to say peace to you as well. Anything is appriciatded. /Hugo

woodmann
    Hi Hugo,
    I am not quite sure what you want to do but if you are trying to record a live stream via the internet, the last app I used was Total Recorder. It comes as a trial/share version.
    The rest is up to you.
    Peace, Woodmann

Hugo
    What I want to do, is just to record/or download protected (non recordable) streams. I will try to search for "Total Recorder". Maybe "total recorder" will generate many hits so a more specific name? Gonna look for it after this post!
    /peace

Hugo
    Sorry for the evolution of the subject. But what I want to do, is saving "non recordable" realstreams to my computer. I read the "total recorder" forum and I dident't find what is was looking for. Please help me overturn the "non-saving" option in realplayer. And if it was to be found in the trotal recorder forum please tell me where.

woodmann
    Email me so that we can continue this discussion.
    woodmann@woodmann.com
    Peace, Woodmann

bob
    This may help: the StreamBox VCR Underground.
    http://zor.org/svcrunderground/