Thread: about the book <<How Debuggers Work.. >>

lordor

about the book <<How Debuggers Work.. >>

Who have the book <<How Debuggers Work : Algorithm,Data Structure,and Architecture>> written by Jonathan B RosenBerg
    This book is special in debugger.
    I am in China , I am to write a debugger, I in dire need of the book,However, I can't find the book in domestic shop .
    Who can Help me
    thanks much!
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Blog Entries
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0471149667/qid=1102249725/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-2238987-6505649?v=glance&s=books

I think the point is he can't order the book in china... It's very old, I've had a look and don't have it PDF'd. I'm guessing it's old enough that it never came with an ebook version, so you'll have to hope someone has scanned it.
    Still here...

People in China cant buy books from Amazon ???

<script>alert(0)</script> disavowed's Avatar
    if you need to write a debugger for windows, the documentation on msdn is very comprehensive.

lordor
    I had finded this ebook from here
    deleted
    NO ILLEGAL EBOOK LINKS!!

In china to buy a book from us,that will cost me half of a month salary.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

People in China cant buy books from Amazon ???
    Silly of me, it's called the "People's Republic", so I guess the people can do whatever they want
    Still here...

Hiya,

I have read the book you refer to. I was actually a bit disappointed in the book as I was hoping for more in-depth information specifically relating to kernel level debugging. The book is very "high-level" in its treatment of the subject and focuses almost exclusivly on ring 3 debuggers. It only briefly mentions SoftICE and then gives no discussion of the "real-world" issues involved in designing such a system level debugger. IMO, it would be great for a theoretical computer science class on debugging concepts or even somewhat decent if you just want to use the Windows API to write an application debugger. If, however, you are looking for detailed low level information, forget it.

Clandestiny