Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Troublesome DLL file

DaddyJTHC

Question A Troublesome DLL file

I have this software that uses a DLL file to validate a email & cdkey code. My only guess is that after a successfull verification it makes a registry entry that the installed software checks before using.

I can track the website this dll file visits, but cannot get it to return the data i wish for.
    here is a link for the download of this dll file

I promise I will NOT violate the Rules again by posting a URL of a Target

any help would be most acceptable.
    and thankfully accepted.
    Last edited by DaddyJTHC; March 9th, 2004 at 21:42.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

DaddyJTHC:

How did you draw the impression that we had suspended the Rule against posting URLs for targets just for YOU???? These are matters that are supposed to be left to PM if someone ASKS you for a URL. Otherwise do not post them here. Please acknowledge that you have clearly understood this message.

Regards,
    JMI

mebe he's color blind and didnt see the red lettering on the main page

thats the excuse i'll use if i ever break the rules ;p

/me runs

HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAA.........

YAYA, thats it, I'm color blind...
    I like that answer, f'ing clever and witty

Could you please make the words size 60 font please
    Oh shit, I just had a great idea
    (watch for it in the near future)

-cbo-

We could start a variation of the joke: "Here's your sign!"

Regards,
    JMI

DaddyJTHC
    i didnt think they applied since the file is freeware, and it is a private server, but they your rules and i will follow.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

That is all we ask. We don't want to have to guess what may or maynot be commercial software.

Concept wise, your question makes no sense with this being "freeware." Why would the program check something on "freeware" and not get the correct information? Is this really "freeware" that can be upgraded and you simply haven't told us the truth?

Have you attempted to determine what the DLL is checking when it connects to the website and/or what information it is attempting to validate? There are programs which will tell you what passes between the DLL and the website and if it is freeware, it shouldn't be checking anything all that complex. If it is "freeware" it should be able to register itself and you should be able to use Filemon and/or Regmon to determine what it has done. So at this point your story does not seem to be holding together. If, in fact, you have an email addy and a CDKey already, why don't you "register" your "freeware" and then use one of the many available programs to detail for you exactly what has changes in you register??????

Regards,
    JMI

OWWWWWWWWWWW....

To quote someone else who's name escape's me,

Wrong move dude.

-cbo-

DaddyJTHC
    well told, and thanks for the proper azz chewing, you've taken my words, and i didnt explain myself clearly. The program is not freeware, the verification DLL is an open source protection scheme, so i considered that freeware. modified for use of the program. but thanks anyway.

So where we end up is:

1.) You did not start out telling the truth;

2.) Then you only tried to argue with me and ignored some advise which was suggested to you as to how to attempt to determine what was happening with your program after it connected with the server, and finally,

3.) You once again attempt to justify your untruth, deception, and flagrant violation of our Rules because YOU considered it "freeware" because it "used a variation of an open source protection system."

How truely and utterly pathetic.

Regards,
    JMI

>thanks for the proper azz chewing

You did it to JMI!?!!!
    esther

Reverse the code,Reverse Your Minds First

DaddyJTHC
    More pathetic and childish personal flames removed. Can personal banning be far behind?

Blog Entries
    Somehow I'm reminded of a sign above the photocopier at work...

WARNING!

This machine is subject to breakdowns during periods of critical need.

A special circuit in the machine called a 'critical detector' senses the operator's emotional state in terms of how desperate he or she is to use the machine. The 'critical detector' then creates a malfunction proportional to the desperation of the operator. Threatening the machine with violence only aggravates the situation. Likewise, attempts to use another machine may cause it to also malfunction. They belong to the same union. Stay cool and say nice things to the machine. Nothing else seems to work. Never let anything mechanical know you are in a hurry.

Actually DaddyJTHC has now posted three threads here attempting to have someone solve his inability to determine how this "freeware" VISE Dll manages its email/cdkey/online validation. He even said in one that he had purchased a legal copy of the software and was complaining that it "only" allowed five installs. It seems he is so desparate to get his music career going that he can't "afford" to tell the truth.

He also apparently doesn't seem to understand that we can easily edit out those portions of his "gansta rap" attitude that he attempts to post here to impress his "homeys." But he's obviously still very young and maybe he'll grow out of it, or at least realize his attitude has not impressed anyone here.

Regards,
    JMI

DaddyJTHC

I am trying

As per JMI, I will keep this post proper, listing everything i have tried, and progresed onto this work.

I can see the data being sent, and even change the data being sent. The only problem is there is a perl script on the server. What is the most effective way to view a .pl file on an apache web server.

A side note.
    JMI please accept this thread, I'm only asking for help, I am working on the actual problem.