Thread: Display Driver Problem

muzunnass

Display Driver Problem

I have setup on my pc Compuware SoftICE Driver Suite 3.0. My operating sytem is WinXP, Display driver Intel 82845G/GL and monitor is Compaq TFT.

Softice is starting, but after CTRL+D, there is a very image on upper left corner on the screen. How should set up video driver?

Thx in advance
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Depending on your chipset, your card might not be compatible with XP. This particular card can be a bugger to set up. Contact the web site for the latest upgrade.
    we are demons to some, angels to others.....

Try using older cards like s3. Softice likes older gfx cards
    esther

Reverse the code,Reverse Your Minds First

Sorry for asking, but what do you mean by 'very image'? I'm not native english speaker. small ? distorted? maybe just you have lines=xx/columns=yy in winice.dat set for too low values? :>

If its not that, jump at once to www.compuware.com, go to section support->knowledgebase or support->whitepapers and search there for 'intel'.
    there were several things about Intel cards, and if i remember well 90% of them were about simply adding dword "DoInt2DPatch"=1 value in the registry.
    that is, in the HKLM\System\Services\NTice. but check there, because there were also other values that could be set like "Int2DLocation" or "Int2DRVA" and now i don't remember for what card they were (i think for ATI Rage, but they also refer to video problems, and may work somehow ).
    Last edited by quetzalcoatl; January 7th, 2004 at 11:48.