Thread: ollydbg help

m.albert

ollydbg help

Thank-you to nervegaz for the previous answer.
    I have 2 additional questions.
    I'm trying to debug with ollydbg and I get these 2 messages while tracing (whereas the program runs to the end when I click on it without debugger)

Exception OEEDFADE use shift F7/F8/F9 to pass exception to program

Access violation when writing to 019ACAF6 use shift F7/F8/F9 to pass exception to program

I can get through the first by typing shiftF7 although I dont know if it is ok to do so. On the other hand the program is stuck after the second error message and Shift F7 doesnt help.

What do these messages mean ?
    How can I correct them?
    Thanks and Regards
    Michael
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Lightbulb Use the "Reply" Button

m.albert:

If you want to ask an additional question on a post you have already made, you don't need to start a new thread. At the top and bottom of the window are buttons which reads: "New Thread" and "Post Reply." If you use the "Post Reply" button, your second question will be in the SAME thread, instead of starting a second one on the same topic.

Regards,
    JMI

stealthFIGHTER

Re: ollydbg help

Originally posted by m.albert
    Thank-you to nervegaz for the previous answer.
    I have 2 additional questions.
    I'm trying to debug with ollydbg and I get these 2 messages while tracing (whereas the program runs to the end when I click on it without debugger)

Exception OEEDFADE use shift F7/F8/F9 to pass exception to program

Access violation when writing to 019ACAF6 use shift F7/F8/F9 to pass exception to program

I can get through the first by typing shiftF7 although I dont know if it is ok to do so. On the other hand the program is stuck after the second error message and Shift F7 doesnt help.

What do these messages mean ?
    How can I correct them?
    Thanks and Regards
    Michael
    Keep pressing Shift+F9 until the program run again. If this error still occurs try to restart the debugging session (Ctrl+F2).

sF
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

As Above

You might understand that the program you are debugging could be having a single step/trace check...

Alternatively, it could also be checking on breakpoints...

or, the fact also remains that Ollydbg is simply not able to take it...

Are you sure its not packed/crypted ? Even "SECTIONS" of it, I mean??

Have Phun, Always.
    Blame Microsoft, get l337 !!

The first is rather typical for olly, it's most likely an exception raised OUTSIDE the program, say in the kernel for instance. The second one seems to reside within the program, and could be everything from a bug to a debug check. Locate the last one, see why it happens, and try to step over the command at hand without executing it, or perhaps redirecting the code flow.

Fake

m.albert

ollybg exception message

actually it is a program that was initially packed with aspack and that I have unpacked manually.
    Michael