Thread: cxbx needs "xbox.dll" ;-)

emma

Cool cxbx needs "xbox.dll" ;-)

Hi guys

from - http://www.caustik.com/cxbx/:

cxbx is a program that converts a raw xbox game into an executable PE (.exe) file, so that eventually it can be played on your PC. It is unsure what the system requirements will be to play these translations, but almost definately your CPU will need to be a P3, and you will most likely need a GeForce card comparible to the xbox's.

Tried it on some of the .xbe of the tools available, and it seems both IDA and w32dasm disassemble the sections of the PE.

Now all we need is an "xbox.dll" with all the library calls in right?

Would such a thing doable (lets assume "in theory"), or is the concept way off?

-penny for your thoughts
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Lbolt99
    Interesting.. wonder how long before M$ tries to shut the site down. Anyway I figured it wouldn't be too long before x-box emulators come into development. It should definantly be possible to develop an xbox emulator - probably easier in fact than the PS/PS2 emulators: it's Intel based code right off the bat.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.