Thread: reversing the binary code of .exe and .dll

Alawi

reversing the binary code of .exe and .dll

I want to reverse the binary code of a small package contains an
    .exe file and some .dll files (I think it is orginally written in Delphi or VB)? is that possible and what tools may I used to do that?

Can I directly reverse this binary code into Java source code directly???

Thanx in advance for your help
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

DakienDX
    Hello Alawi !

You need a disassembler to reverse code. Popular ones are IDA and W32Dasm. But for Delphi and VB there are some other ones. One called DeDe can be used for Delphi applications. It works more as a decompiler than a disassembler. I can't tell you the name of a VB decompiler since I've never seen one, but I know there are available some of them.

Why do you want to get Java source code? You can normally only reverse to ASM or to the language the program was originally written in. I don't think there is a tool available doing this. Of course, it's not impossible, but noone needs such a thing.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Alawi
    Actually I am writing a program in Java and I need to write a compnent that communicate to some devices and I found that there is a program that communicate to those devices but it do more things, So what I want to do is to reverse this code to Java, modify and use just the part that I am intersting in.
    He I think I found that this program developed using VC++? So what the the tool that I can use?

native calls

Sounds like you're trying to use stuff that's platform-specific. For that you need to use native calls (and makes me wonder why you are using java)

Alawi
    No becuase I will my component will connects to a remote machine with a standatd protocol