Thread: Still wondering...

fjrp2

Question Still wondering...

Can you tell me of any REAL reason to use Numega´s SoftIce instead of an easier debugger?
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Hi fjrp2,

I have no reason.Use what is handly to you

edited:
    I use softice coz a couple years ago there are only cracking tutes
    uses softice.I am use to it and lazy to change
    You guys are funny
    esther

Reverse the code,Reverse Your Minds First

fjrp2
    Okay, thanks for being so quick, the thing is that I've never used SoftIce, but after giving a look to The Owl´s icedump, I'm seriously considering it.
    Now I need Sice as a "booter" or starter for icedump, will I still have to register with NuMega (I wish I could pay the $ instead to the icedump team)?

So, that´s my question.

[LAST]I know I´ve been a little too much nasty these last weeks, but it's because I wanted to see how you react.

Now, I give my apologies to all those that I insulted. and my sincere 'chapeu' to The Owl for his grate icedump, and big thanx to DakienDX for letting me use his avatar.[/LAST]
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

With complexity comes power. If your "easy" debugger can do what you need then thats fine for you. I've experienced that many application level debuggers reach their limits in number of features far before Softice would.
    And ofcourse if you know how to handle this you can solve your problems much faster.
    Unlike most here I've actually enjoyed using Softice when doing my own programming. I've tracked down plenty of pointer errors much faster then I would have been able to with the MS VC++ debugger.

fjrp2

Thumbs up

Thanx. I´m very familiar with many debuggers, not SoftIce yet.
    I think one of this days (if esther explains me...)

Naides is Nobody
    Originally posted by fjrp2
    Now I need Sice as a "booter" or starter for icedump, will I still have to register with NuMega (I wish I could pay the $ instead to the icedump team)?

I am sure you can find some version of Sice and use it as an extended demo app.

Lbolt99

Re: Still wondering...

Originally posted by fjrp2
    Can you tell me of any REAL reason to use Numega´s SoftIce instead of an easier debugger?
    /tracex

Blog Entries
    lol, /TETRIS ?

: Code Injector : nikolatesla20's Avatar

yay tetris

hahah last time I tried /tetris, when I went to exit it blue screened me and rebooted my machine....

fjrp2
    Well, I like the MP3 stuff (with sources... )