Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Softice and XP Pro

Softice and XP Pro

Greetings,
    This question may have been discussed before, but I haven't been around for a while, so here it is:
    Is there a way to get Softice installed on Win XP Pro? And working?
    Is it fair game, or are there any spesific problems I then should be aware of?
    All kinds of input are welcomed....

Regards,
    hob

DGR
    Installed yes, working no... but now that XP is in stores I expect an update from numega soon.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

am i correct to assume that the NT version of sice would work better than 98 ??

EtErNaL_L0ser

Lightbulb I dont agree...

Originally posted by UrgeOverKill
    am i correct to assume that the NT version of sice would work better than 98 ??
    You cant use holy 'bpx hmemcpy' bp in NT
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Re: I dont agree...

Originally posted by EtErNaL_L0ser

You cant use holy 'bpx hmemcpy' bp in NT
    I mean a cleaner install since that XP uses the same kernal that NT does. I would figure that there would be a patch to use the existing ntsice than to develop a *new* xpsice.

EtErNaL_L0ser

Lightbulb errm...

We cant say the same kernel as NT. Its based on NT .But its far more developed . Or they want us to think so.lol

DakienDX
    Hello EtErNaL_L0ser !

We can say it is far more developed, but we can't guess in which direction.

Of course many things have changed, but I stay at Win98 and WinNT4. In my oppinion, they're easier to handle and to use (and I don't mean the graphical changes )

EtErNaL_L0ser

Talking heheh.....

Yes Win98 best for cracking but my motherboard really s** so only good os is Windows XP or LinuX

EtErNaL_L0ser

Talking useless?

useless? huh? newbies like it! lol

DGR
    Well, hmemcpy was only usefull when everything else failed (getwindowtext, getdlgitemtext etc...) but other then that not really nessecary. There are always other ways to get there.

EtErNaL_L0ser

right..

Originally posted by DGR
    Well, hmemcpy was only usefull when everything else failed (getwindowtext, getdlgitemtext etc...) but other then that not really nessecary. There are always other ways to get there.
    Heheh you got me there .Sometimes bpx getwindowtexta and getdlgitemtexta doesnt work so I use hmempcy and yes I am a so lame person that I dont read Win32 APi Reference

XP DDK

I was wondering if you could use the XP DDK from Microsoft to help install NTice on the XP os...

DakienDX
    Hello everybody !

This doesn't sound so good. Anyway, I never thought of updating to WinXP.

Win2000 and WinME made me stay at Win98 and WinNT4.

sice patch

jus to let yas know numega has a patch out for the beta 2 XP. drill down to the driver central area, they even have the install info too....