Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: u talk about me :)

tsehp
    Originally posted by evaluator
    Hi, Daemon!

As I found same IAT-redirection trick uses also telock98(at least).
    My question is for history purpose:
    How is author of this trick?

Hi, Tsehp!
    If Solodovnikov will add this trick to ASPRotect...
    You can close your RV project...
    OR you must force your tracer to trace until real EXPORT. Is this possible???

My suggestion:
    1. Lets make big pause in RV project!
    2. Collect new anti-tricks
    3. Come back with turbo-enhanced RV
    sorry but it seems that you really don't know how rv works...
    let me explain :
    I first coded some disasm code to fix the first schemes, first instr api executed then jmp to real api, or api call redirected, and it was working fine, just like imprec on first days.

Then aspr, vbox and other schemes began to mangle their iat calls, it was almost impossible to code a disam to decrypt/demangle them, so the tracer was began 10 days after first rv version.

Actually, 90% of my work is focused on the tracer, just because when this tool runs, it gets the first priority on the system and executes the apps, iat calls, everything.

This tracer serves iat resolving, and the only way to avoid it to go inside the api is to emulate the api... alexey made a first attempt with simple ones, but I also emulated them, so this was easily fixed. If someone tries to emulate all of them, he will have to build a different version for every kind of windows and every build

Like theOwl said in past posts, the tracer is a very important tool, It can also be used to dump programs, just like icedump on win9x, and later could also be used to build a boundschecker-like program, used to make all kind of reports you want, maybe opening it's behaviour and make it react with a script language could be very interesting.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

tsehp
    btw, Daemon, I have to thank you for your anti tracing features
    that are actually solved.

can you do more please ? I feel I'm close to whatever was possible to invent, but I'm sure you can surprise me on a new version maybe ?

best regards,

tsehp
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

^DAEMON^

hehehee

yeah sure i think i'll add r0-tracer instead of my lame "r3 engine" which is really damn slow ))

actual version is beta 6.5....

but wait i've got exam soon.... 2 weeks exactly

^DAEMON^

tsehp
    and what will this change ?

^DAEMON^
    @ least a nice speed improvement!
    have u seen the carry flag trick in it ??? dp-teunlock....
    maybe u have some advices for me

till then....

^DAEMON^

tsehp
    carry flag ?
    I only fixed the seh that is called to generate the key, used to decrypt the code after the loop that calls this seh itself (pofd with tf flag set)

rv was loosing control after this.

can u locate me this carry flag trick inside dp-borg2 to see what happens ?

tia

tsehp

Blog Entries

Viva Tsehp!

Viva Tsehp!

Today I successfully tested your TRACER with these protections:

PCGUARD (latest)
    TELOCK 0.98
    PE-PROT 0.9
    also DAEMON'S protected file "DP-Borg2.exe"

This is GREAT! For example "GUW32 v1.0 beta8" can't trace these apps.

Failed for trace:
    PELOCKnt v2.04
    DAEMON'S protected file "DP-tEunlock.exe"

Now my STORY about tracing unresolved IAT entries:
    When in my WIN98SE I choose unresolved entry and click on TRACE command...
    my PC immediately RESETS.
    This is new for me in new version. In older versions RV and program only crashes.
    End of STORY.

Shaolin

Talking

lol, another one wich has problems with latest RV on Win9x?
    Wtf, all guys in here are using Win2k? I tested latest RV on a different comp with Win98, and if I select tracer it crashes the computer! Anyway, for Win95 users it can turn into a real drama, but I won't talk about this anymore because I don't want my post deleted again.

Go ahead post away. you have until Sunday night until I start deleting.

Woodmann

Lord_Soth
    hey tsehp,

I've never used your tracer, or that of IceDump unfortunately..
    Remember that I once asked you about a tracer, for a
    tool I wanted to code ?
    This that will work ?

LS

tsehp

Re: Viva Tsehp!

Originally posted by evaluator
    Viva Tsehp!

Today I successfully tested your TRACER with these protections:

PCGUARD (latest)
    TELOCK 0.98
    PE-PROT 0.9
    also DAEMON'S protected file "DP-Borg2.exe"

This is GREAT! For example "GUW32 v1.0 beta8" can't trace these apps.

Failed for trace:
    PELOCKnt v2.04
    DAEMON'S protected file "DP-tEunlock.exe"

Now my STORY about tracing unresolved IAT entries:
    When in my WIN98SE I choose unresolved entry and click on TRACE command...
    my PC immediately RESETS.
    This is new for me in new version. In older versions RV and program only crashes.
    End of STORY.
    1- can you save me some time and send me url for pelock + dr-teunlock.exe please, I'll take a look.

2-when the tracer doesn't find a valid api address, or is simply leaded to a ret into special iat entry, it just rets and goes wild.
    Windows just can't intercept it, because of ring0 proviledges and this simply leads to a reboot/bsod/crash
    I had a lot when I first coded it and that's not finished, but never had some damages on my hd ;-)

I have to code a protection that will stop it before it rets out of iat entry pretty soon, that's why beta is still inside rv actual build...

spekkel alredy sent me sw3 that holds two crashing entries, I'll normally have the time to fix them sunday/monday.

regards.

tsehp
    Originally posted by Shaolin
    lol, another one wich has problems with latest RV on Win9x?
    Wtf, all guys in here are using Win2k? I tested latest RV on a different comp with Win98, and if I select tracer it crashes the computer! Anyway, for Win95 users it can turn into a real drama, but I won't talk about this anymore because I don't want my post deleted again.
    Shaolin, before I begin again to delete your posts :

1-a really big bunch of users, including me uses this tracer on win98, so be professional and tell us :
    -the app + url
    -iat entry
    -method you used
    And you will be considerated, otherwise, deleted...

2-where did you see that rv was supported on win95 ?

Blog Entries
    Hi, Tsehp!
    "dp-teunlock.exe" is here! Cluesurf submitted
    as attachment "dp-teunlock.zip"! Look at fourth replay in this thread.
    (attachment.php?s=&postid=8939)

About "PELOCKnt v2.04" protection.
    I have Gabler's old protector "PE-PROT v0.9"
    This file is first time internally protected (2nd section),
    then with "PELOCKnt v2.04", then selfprotected.
    From start to 407000 RVtracer is successfull, then crashes.
    You can find "PE-PROT" at "exetools.com".

Shaolin
    evaluator, as far as i know PE-PROT doesn't mess with import table, but I might be wrong.
    tsehp, the *tracer* hangs on my Win95 with any packer/protector I tried...Now I understand the problem and why it crashes like that, and it's indeed quite difficult to find a reliable solution...Anyway, I think u shouldn't have done of it a PUBLIC beta, but only a beta for your betatesters. ehrm, enough critics hope u will fix that soon

Shaolin
    oh, were did I see that RV is supported on Win95?
    Well, a quote from your "Documentation":

added an auto kernel patcher, so revirgin should work on every win9x past and future versions.
    When someone says Win9x I also think at Win95 anyway.