Thread: getting started

dr.chaos

getting started

i want to learn how to crack and hack but i dont know where to get started....i looked at jack the ripper and warez.com but i dont know what the hell they're talking about...help me please!! i wanna live up to my nickname!!! (dr.chaos)
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

First you have to get an account at AOL, then repost your question.

carpathia
    I think you want to learn to crack and hack for all the wrong reasons. Crackers and hackers arent gods, they are just everyday people doing something they enjoy; learning and applying. And its not common to find a very talented hacker who is also an equally good cracker/reverser. While they may share many skills, they are essentially different disciplines.

If you seriously want to learn to crack, try

www.cracking4newbies.com
    tsehp.cjb.net
    crfb.cjb.net

These sites, and those linked from them, will get you up and running. But theres no magic wand to wave. Dont want hard study ? Just give up and go do somethig less demanding.

It seems you want to crack to be 'elite' or to live up to your nickname, as you put it ? My advice is to either knuckle down and study these sites (in my experience, people like you will often give up on the first lap), or more feasible, change your nick. Might I suggest Dr.DoLittle instead ? ;-)
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

evc_viper
    Base on my experience, the first thing and the most fundamental skill to be a reverser is: Can you sit in front of monitor keep thinking, tracing, taking note, repeat repeat repeat the whole process again and again and again?

Your answer will be the answer to getting start.