Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VB3 Pcode *grumble* *swear*)

MyName

You right. Missing tool.

NoBrainMyname.

Talk. Talk. Talk. I talk rot.
    Talk. Talk. Talk. I brainless.Make laugh.
    Talk. Talk. Talk. have DoDi tool.No know to use. Make laugh.
    Talk. Talk. Talk. can't help you. My brain sux.
    Talk. Talk. Talk. Me insult Dodi.I'm gey.I poor englis.
    MyName = (Gey Scrippty Kiddie Troll) /spite on floor
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Kilby!
    Oh Bugger !

and so the sadness decends.

It's strange that a civil question can end up with this thread isn't it.

Nchanta isn't the troll, script kiddie, or the person with piss poor attitude.

The people around who can DO, tend not to boast or have ego problems, so please give it a rest.

No wonder I have a significant lack of enthusiasm again.

Kilby...
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

MyName

No disassemble pcode. disassemble VBRUN300!

NchantA:

Make laugh.

>pcode=*interpreted* (You correct)
    >you cant disassemble it (You no correct)
    >cant trace through the programs (You no correct)

VBRUN300 = asm
    VB3 program = small asm program = Load VBRUN300.
    VBRUN300 load pcode module memory
    VBRUN300 = execute pcode. (Yes dissassemble VBRUN300)
    Watch VBRUN300 pointer move in pcode module = Set BPR on pcode module memory

You watch VBRUN300 interpreted pcode. pcode opcode = offset in VBRUN300 (Set BP on opcode. Yes!)
    You understand?
    Easy.

NchantA
    which means you cant disassemble it = correct
    cant trace through the programs code as you normally would = correct.

if you wish to ahh 'correct' my mistakes please be sure to include the entire context. as i said before you cannot dissassemble the vb3 pcode program, i never said you cant dissassemble the crappy .dll. and yes i was also correct in saying you cant trace through the program as you normally would. instead you have to bpm on the part of the .exe that you wish to break on. you end up in the retard vb3.dll and you have to jump around as it reads in data from the programs .exe.

as i dont have a decompiler i have no idea what to bpm on. ive tried dodi's 16bit and 32bit decompilers, both 'overflow'.

ive talked to joco and he cant help me, so ive decided to send the dongle protected programs to some people that may actually be able to help.

NchantA

Morlac.
    Hi guys,

I tend to think of p-code as a set of instructions for the executing module. Much like microcode in CISC microprocessors.
    So, I think that you can disassemble VB p-code, its just that the instructions to perform the intended operation looks a lot bigger and different than normal disassembly of x86 programmes.
    You see, for me, to disassemble a programme, is to take a look at the different instructions that makes the programme work. No matter how strange these instructions will look like.

Molac.

dadolson
    Dongles - serial port = bitch to bypass.

When Source 1st compiled, dongle data is used to set offset into data area for single or multiple fixed data elements poped during exe load. Each Dongle is serialized with specific internal data, no 2 are alike (kind of like a GUID or a Lan card address). If you loose a dongle due to failure, program mod is also sent for new dongle. Compare is run using dongle data and derived offset address to ensure dongle is still on machine. Look for dll from dongle vendor...