Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Messin' with the Import table

qferret
    Thanks for the tip Kayaker, it worked beautifully. But is there a tool that will add an import w/o adding a section? or is this not possible/too hard?

I just had a brief look at it so far, but I think I should be able to figure out how it was done. I would just rather have it look "original" ;-)
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Eternal Bliss
    Kayaker (06-25-2001 09:18):
    Hi Eternal Bliss,

I see what's happening. The original 'missing' Import had an initialized address in the First Thunk of 1D17 F5BF, but its API name was missing.

You replaced the First Thunk pointer correctly to where the name should be, but didn't get the API name right. Instead you got the name corresponding to the address BFF51118 instead of BFF5171D. From what you did replace the name with I'm thinking you're running Win98 as well, but just in case I'll up my version of User32.dll (28K zip) so non-98 users can find the address easier.

Cheers,
    Kayaker
    Thanks. 8) Did it. 8)

the second part:
    1) I used resource editor to make the form always on top.
    2) I look for showwindow and see which one has a PUSH 00000000 which is SW_HIDE and changed it.

Regards.
    EB
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Blog Entries
    For anyone following the API Hooking thread on the main forum, here's a reupload of the original project program, which is OK to remain here.

Kayaker
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Hmm, I forgot I had reuploaded this lost project file. I just reupped it again to the original post, this time along with the original KeyInfo program file, so should make it easy to compare a correct import table with the 'corrupted' one for those just getting their feet wet. Links updated as well.
    (yes I know I originally called the program KeyCode, but that was a ruse so nobody tried downloading the *real* KeyInfo program to cheat ;-)

Kayaker

nofurs
    Well maybe someone did who knows (ouch! an accusation again? LOL