Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A new class... join now!

Rage9
    anyone ready to post a small essay?

mine if someone doest post one in... ohhhhhh.... a day or so i will....

ok? any objections?? peace out...

-Rage9
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Blog Entries
    I've noticed this delay in posts that Clandestiny mentions before, in other boards as well. The latest post is by Hz, but it doesn't show - yet. I'm posting this just to see if I can "force" the previous one to show, to try to see why we're always one post behind.

'course if this works you won't see THIS one until later as well

Kayaker

Rage9
    The essay is done, the essay is in the zip and the finnished exe, if your still working on it dont read it but if your done go ahead.... peace out.

-Rage9
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Blog Entries
    Hi Rage9,

Hey, nice project, and *very* nice essay about it. Well explained, step-by-step and informative, giving extra information about using hiew and the details of basic code injection. Very instructive and newbie-friendly

This is exactly the kind of projects we need in here to help develop peoples interest in and understanding of reversing. Thanks for your efforts, and those helping with suggestions, they are much appreciated. I hope you've got a Lesson 2 for us to enjoy

Regards,
    Kayaker

Rage9
    Thanx Kayaker and yes there is a lesson 2 comming, I will continue doing these until there is no intrest hopfully! The lesson 2 crackme will be done in a day or two, check you all later.

-Rage9

Kugi
    Hi Rage9,

Way to go! Great project. And, there are many of us interested in your next project.

Links to appropriate study pages and the attachment are very helpful. (No I didn't peek)

Thanks, Kugi

CoDe_InSiDe
    Hi everyone,

Kayaker, what's wrong with the messages again?
    Kugi has posted an Message now, but first instead of his message was a message from "Rage9" with the text "bump" ?
    Weird.

Cya...

CoDe_InSiDe

Blog Entries
    Dunno CoDe_InSiDe. It only seems to be happening with this thread. I'm just bumping whoever posted last so their post is shown, which is what Rage9 did.

I've been deleting the 'bump' messages as they come up (I know I've got a couple outstanding

To be assured your post shows, FOR THIS THREAD ONLY, just make a second post with whatever you want, and your 1st post will show up.

As I wrote in a now deleted bump post, I think it's some kind of temporal shift or something

"bump" was coined by Hz btw ;P

Kayaker

CoDe_InSiDe
    Hi Kayaker,

Ok, i get it now still pretty weird

Cya...

CoDe_InSiDe

Joda
    Hey.

I'm in, too - a bit late but better late then never, isnt it.
    I'm goin to try to do the msgbox job, too and then get over to the 2nd lesson.

cya later

Joda

Blog Entries
    Cool Joda, feel free to post questions or results, these projects never really end y'know.

jim
    Hi,

I feel so sorry that I am going on holiday in two days' time. Can I join your class when I come back ? (May be several weeks from now). I am definitely interested in learning about r.e.

Jim

Rage9
    By all means join whenever you can, remember to real all the other eassays and the such.

-brad

zeeman
    Well, people, here I am, back again. I swear, if it's the last thing I ever learn whilst on this planet, it's how to crack an app!!!

I gotta say, though, the membership is HUGE!! With all these people, perhaps I'll make it this time. Anyway, I have a little time today, so I'll putz around for a bit, but I need to mow the lawn, and get my dog to the kennels - we're going away for several days, and these chores need to be done, otherwise my name is MUD!

TTYL
    Zee.

p.s. From now on, ALWAYS thumbs up ... <g>

ThRaX
    Excellent! This helped me, a definite newbie, an amazing amount with code injection...code injection had always been scary, but this project was a really easy approach to it, very newbie friendly...sparked my interest in this sorta thing, that was cool =)