This is off-topic with regard to reversing but I am desperate and hoping one of you guys has come across it. It is related to the reversing work I am doing but calling it on-topic is a stretch. I have researched this online till I'm blue in the face but finding the NT parameters to describe the exact type of BSOD is near impossible.

Please delete if not acceptable.

What I am really looking for is a link to a Microsoft article, like in the DDK or whatever, that would explain the error in detail.

I am doing a repair install with an XP OS and I have encountered a BSOD in phase 4 (actually Session3) which is a brief part of the installation. I get the following error:

Stop 0x0000006F (0xC000000E, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

Description: Session3_initialization_failed

I need to find out what the 0xC000000E parameter means.

There is no dmp file, which is odd, and the setupapi log shows the installation ending with a reference to iastor.sys with a reference to %windir%\system32\drivers. I thought there might be an issue with registry hive permissions but I checked and they were good compared to a working copy of XP.

Apparently the error references configuration files, but which ones?

It's supposed to have something to do with a missing or corrupted file, namely smss.exe, ftdisk.sys, winlogon.exe, ntdll.dll, or ntoskrnl.exe. I have replaced all of them.

It's possible that my installation disk is corrupt since it is a slipstreamed version. However, I substituted another slipstreamed disk hoping it would get me past that stage but it did not.