Thread: FlexLm: Recracked the wheel

Talking FlexLm: Recracked the wheel

Hi guys
    I have recently given a medical application protected by flexlm, asked to crack
    since it's almost ten years that i wasn't doing such things, my knowledge was completely out of date, and i didn't know that flexlm is a comercial lie shit manager etc, thinking it's part of the software, so i cracked it on my own.
    there was a function with a reference to a string "lm_checkout(..." ending with following:
    Code:
    005216AB  |.  83C4 0C       ADD     ESP, 0C
    005216AE  |>  8B45 E4       MOV     EAX, DWORD PTR SS:[EBP-1C]
    005216B1  |.  5F            POP     EDI
    005216B2  |.  8BE5          MOV     ESP, EBP
    005216B4  |.  5D            POP     EBP
    005216B5  \.  C3            RETN
    and it returned -8 or -10 when there was some problem with license, so i just patched the line 516AE from
    MOV EAX, DWORD PTR SS:[EBP-1C]
    to
    XOR EAX, EAX

and it worked fine, however there was a lot of files with the exact same code, so i wrote a simple nodejs script to replace it inside all of them (guessed it right, i'm a web dev these days).
    all went fine, software installed and executed well, and I sent it to the guy who requested

but some days later he called and said there's some third party component used by the software and it's not working..
    i checked it and it was written in java, and there i found a file: lmtools.exe
    and only then i realized (after some searching) that it's flexlm which is already soooooooo famous in reverse engineering communities

i have decided that if i can generate some license, it's better than patching 39 files, and i will be sure that once done, there will be no more problems..
    to make it brief: I have extracted seed1 & seed2, generated vendor keys using lmkg3 and I used the only sdk that i could find over the web: 11.9
    but the license genrated is not working

licenses are of the form:
    Code:
    FEATURE xxx SA*_*d 1 30-mar-2015 uncounted **20hex chars** \
    	VENDOR_STRING=*** HOSTID=FLEXID=***
    i have no idea what ecc check is, but if i'm going to patch something, my own solution is better (disables the whole license checking).

I have two versions of the software, one uses flexlm 10.8.5 and the other uses 11.5
    i have read somewhere that flexlm licenses are backward compatible, i want to test it with flexlm sdk 10.8 but i cant find it anywhere

if someone have any tips, i'll be so happy to hear it,
    and if someone has sdk 10.8, i will be soooo happier to have it

thanks in advance
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Anybody there?

Is anybody here? Or is this forum dead??
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

is good daemon and the license/servicekey generator's is ready many time ago

Quote Originally Posted by arash16 View Post
    Is anybody here? Or is this forum dead??
    Many are not aware that the forum is up again