Thread: HASP3 Dongle emulation in DosBox

HASP3 Dongle emulation in DosBox

Hi there!

I've the opportunity to get an old w16 program to run in a dosbox environment.

So far so good, Win31 is running, the program is starting and my dosbox-parallel-port emulation is giving me the all read/write operations to the parallel port.

I'm aware that HASP3 is totally broken and I already found http://www.woodmann.com/fravia/bayu_2.htm.

The problem now is that this might help you dumping a dongle but for implementing an emu some parts seem to be missing...

Does anyone know a more detailed description of the low-level-IO stuff, the statemachines inside the ASCI,...?

cheers,
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

little update... now digged into the dosbox source... the debugger seems adequate for some deeper debugging and stuff.

I found that my target only uses HASP service 1 and 32...

Since I did not get some reasonable deadlisting, I no throw a breakpoint on each hasp-init (0xC6) received to get directly into the section where hasp does its magic.

This is very different to what i get with w32dasm... so I transplanted the memdump into the original file and voila, much better results...

Now it's ASM reading time...

cheers,
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.