Thread: problem with ollybone

problem with ollybone

Hi all
    I try to use ollybone, but I got bellow error

OLLYBONE ABORT:Kernel driver load returned staus 2

I follow http://www.woodmann.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-9317.html , but still not work!
    my system is:
    win xp 32bit on vmware workstation

any idea?!
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Blog Entries
    Hi

Unfortunately Ollybone doesn't work on a VM. If you try it on a real XP system you will probably find that it does work correctly, depending on the packer.

I had worked with the sources for a while to try to figure it out, I think it might have had something to do with the (VM emulated) dTLB not being flushed correctly. I actually did get it working a few times by forcing a flush somehow, but it wasn't stable and more often than not locked up the VM.

If you google around a bit you can find a couple of other mentions of Ollybone not working on a VM. There may be other options, but I'm not sure of the current state of automatic unpacking solutions.

Oh, btw: the load error you're getting, which was your actual question, does have to do with ollybone not finding the driver, if you keep messing with the suggestions in the thread you linked you should be able to get it loaded. But, it still won't unpack in a VM

Kayaker

Hi
    thanks for reply. I have only a 64 bit system, when I try to load ollybone, I got "operating system 6.1 not supported" error. Is there any 64 bit version or any ollybone alternative?
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Blog Entries

the packer can not detected by PEID, EXEINFO and RDG packer detector, because of unknown packer automatic unpackers cant unpack it!

can you upload it somewhere?