Thread: OllyDbg and .bat files

OllyDbg and .bat files

Hi all OllyDbg Gurus,

I'm trying to fix a specific target that uses .bat files to load the main application exe. I have successfully fixed this target by doing a modify/test for some dlls but this was a very lucky shot a very time consuming.

I have try everything that I can remember to load the application a make a step by step trace to read the code/values. I have passed information trough arguments but without any luck.

So I have loaded this .bat file in to OllyDbg, and start the step by step process to a particular call instruction that calls the main program and after this call I get the lic error and OllyDbg stops.

If i try to load the main exe It asks for specific variables %VAR% that are defined on the .bat file and it stops running.

Does any have deal with this type of application and that can share info how to bypass this?
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

show us the bat file. it's possibly launching the exe with parameters, check for that.

Hi deepzero,

Thanks for your reply.

Since I'm not a hacker or a cracker, I don't want to start any cracking Thread here.

I have send you the .bat file trough PM can you have a look?

Regards
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.