Thread: Reverse Engineering CAD software ( I legitimately own)

Reverse Engineering CAD software ( I legitimately own)

Hello RCE forum! I am brand new to cracking and I know very little so please excuse me ahead of time for asking how to do something I know is simple I just can not figure it out on my own. I have a copy of Solid Builder Q3 2000 it is a CAD drawling program from the early 2000s that I use to draw blueprints; However, my computer that it was originally installed on broke and I can no longer retrieve the authentication code. The company Eagle Point is also defunct and out of business so I have no way of calling to ask them what my code was. I have tried loading the program into olly debug and removing the authentication script or at least set the value to positive but I have had no luck in successfully doing this. If someone could please guide me through the process of how to fix my software I would really appreciate it. I can send you a copy of the software through my drop box. All I need is a set of instructions on how to successfully crack the software my self. Thank you very much everyone! BTW I am not part of some superlative government conspiracy I am just a guy that wants to use his software please help me!
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Is Solid Builder Q3 2000 the predecessor of Solidworks?

Quote Originally Posted by Motheaten View Post
    Hello RCE forum! I am brand new to cracking and I know very little so please excuse me ahead of time for asking how to do something I know is simple I just can not figure it out on my own. I have a copy of Solid Builder Q3 2000 it is a CAD drawling program from the early 2000s that I use to draw blueprints; However, my computer that it was originally installed on broke and I can no longer retrieve the authentication code. The company Eagle Point is also defunct and out of business so I have no way of calling to ask them what my code was. I have tried loading the program into olly debug and removing the authentication script or at least set the value to positive but I have had no luck in successfully doing this. If someone could please guide me through the process of how to fix my software I would really appreciate it. I can send you a copy of the software through my drop box. All I need is a set of instructions on how to successfully crack the software my self. Thank you very much everyone! BTW I am not part of some superlative government conspiracy I am just a guy that wants to use his software please help me!
    I'm from China, who is a new guy here and know little about reverse. why not using a new cracked product?
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

I do not use a newer product because I like the program I have and do not need the features of a new program. I do not design skyscrapers I do not need the power.

Program uses ElanLM, but I think you know this already ;-).

Regards,

CrackZ.

Lol hey cracks I lost your emails from last year you sent me about it. I tried solving it with your instructions but as you can see... I'm not good with this stuff.

Ok Crackz, I read through your FlexLM page and found this. So essential what I have taken from this is that all I need is a vendor ID and I run that through your formula (which I do not entirely understand) and then I end up with a working serial number. So If I am right please let me know and also how do I find the vendor ID? Thanks

SentinelLM / ElanLM

Generating your own SLM installation serial number couldn't be easier, with these instructions by scorpie.

Assuming desired Vendor ID = 0x1ABC.

1. Form Hexadecimal numbers 1ABC1ABC
    2. Find the binary equivalent of the above numbers: 0001 1010 1011 1100 0001 1010 1011 1100
    3. Make a group of two bits of the numbers above: 00 01 10 10 10 11 11 00 00 01 10 10 10 11 11 00
    4. Map the 2-bit group with the rule: 00 --> 01, 01 --> 11, 10 --> 00, 11 --> 10.
    5. Point 3, will become: 01 11 00 00 00 10 10 01 01 11 00 00 00 10 10 01
    6. Covert point 5 to HEX again: 70297029
    7. Shift right (1D position) point 6: T1 = 00000003
    8. Shift left (3 position) point 6: T2 = 814B8148
    9. Find T1 OR T2 = 814B814B
    10. From point 1 and point 9, form 4B81BC1A (this is reverse byte of the above).
    11. Repeat point 2 -- 6 for HEX number 4B81BC1A, and we get: D2172970
    12. Repeat point 7 to the result of point 11: S1 = 00000006
    13. Repeat point 8 to the result of point 11: S2 = 90B94B80
    14. Find S1 OR S2 = 90B94B86
    15. The serial number for Vendor ID=1ABC is 864BB990 (hexadecimal) = 2253109648

Upon first-time installation of the software, I see that a 29-day trial period is initiated. There are a couple of tutorials in the Fravia collection dealing with Elan that may be useful in defeating the timeout. This might be an alternative to going the authorization code route.

I can try them but I don't know if ill know what I'm doing I have very little experience.