Thread: IDA not showing "Possible Reference to --> " after opening file

Hybrid View

IDA not showing "Possible Reference to --> " after opening file

Hi, I tried opening the program I want to crack with IDA 6.1 and I think the reason IDA is not showing (Possible Reference to --> *String*) is because IDA won't disassemble the program completely.

Is there anything I can do about that?

Note: When I open the program I want to crack with HIEW/BDASM the string I'm searching for is there...
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Quote Originally Posted by aterra View Post
    Hi, I tried opening the program I want to crack with IDA 6.1 and I think the reason IDA is not showing (Possible Reference to --> *String*) is because IDA won't disassemble the program completely.

Is there anything I can do about that?

Note: When I open the program I want to crack with HIEW/BDASM the string I'm searching for is there...
    Leave cracking alone for a while.

Instead, learn your tools and a bit of assembly. Download a copy of IDA Pro 2nd Edition. Download MASM32. Download Iczelion's tuts. Watch Lena and Tiga's video tuts.

Then start easy. By cracking older versions of winzip and mirc. Once you become proficient, then think about breaking your program.

ALTERNATIVELY, load resources during the IDA startup box. AND include UNICODE strings in the search for strings configuration dialog in IDA. But that;'s an easy way out. Brain > IDA. Always.

Have Phun
    Blame Microsoft, get l337 !!