Thread: PVDasm v1.7c (32Bit / 64Bit)

Programmer Run Amock... Bengaly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

PVDasm v1.7c (32Bit / 64Bit)

Hey all,

A new version is up, and boy it fixes a lot!
    Also, PVDasm has now a whole new website design! so check out http://www.pvdasm.tk-labs.com to download the latest versions.

Change Log:

• Fixed the bug in the status bar, when clicking on a disassembled line PVDasm did not show the actual Code Address / Code Offset.
    • Fixed a nasty crash when PVDasm tried to resolve an APIs calls way outside of the current disassembled [code] section. (Bad Pointer, access violation)
    • Fixed a nasty crash when PVDasm tried to access a dword instead of a word from a memory location, which caused a memory acceess violation crash.
    • Increased buffer size in XRef resolving, which caused a stack run time error.
    • Fixed PVDasm (64bit) Import table resolve!! PVDasm 64Bit crashed due to memory access violation when tried accessing the import table using PIMAGE_THUNK_DATA64 instead of PIMAGE_THUNK_DATA32 for normal PE files. this is done by adding #define PIMAGE_THUNK_DATA PIMAGE_THUNK_DATA32 for x64 build.
    • PE/PE+ Editor fixed in PVDasm 64Bit!!
    • Menu bar re-ordered.

Notes:
    • New website design
    • Thanks to the bug fixes above, old 16bit binaries loads much safer now.
    • PVDasm is now fully 32/64 bit compatible!
    • PVDasm doesn't support Win7 process task manager (yet?), so it may crash when attempting to read/attach a process.
    • PVDasm 64bit has an issue with Common Controls 6 manifest configuration, enabling the manifest causes the virtual list view to die (notifications not receiving), disabling manifest causes a defect in the tool bar control... only sulution is to try and rewrite it.
    • Hex Editor might not load on 64Bit version, I will look into it.
    "knowledge is now free at last, everything should be free from now on, enjoy knowledge and life and never work for everybody else"

Great little tool bengaly, quick concerns

1. The 64bit version's task manager doesnt seem to work, it does not display any processes for me. Im on Windows 7 64bit.
    2. Also i'll tell you later but when i loaded a dll into it, it crashed. I will investigate further on this one though
    3. The ollydbg theme, does it work? is is suppose to just be a gray and black color scheme? just wondering.

Also just a small request if possible, could you have it remember its last size/position. Just my personal pref to have it sized the way i wanted it instead of always taking up the whole screen by default.

regards,
    gen

Programmer Run Amock... Bengaly's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey,

1. Yeah, I know about the process manager in win7 64, I wanted to fix it last once the 64 bit version of pvdasm was more stable.

2. Either upload the .dll here so I could examine or give a crash info ( .dll is better )

3. I'll add user preferences file for more control

4. As for the themes, they are only colors indeed. If you have some ideas to extend it please share
    "knowledge is now free at last, everything should be free from now on, enjoy knowledge and life and never work for everybody else"