Thread: .NET Deobfuscation

acdwrp

.NET Deobfuscation

Hi there. I have a quick question for those of you that decompile .NET assemblies. I have an application developed by 3rd party and would like to generate a compilable project from the application. I've tried to simply export them from Reflector, but the assemblies had some sort of obfuscation that uses unprintable characters for class and method renaming, as a result VS has a bad time trying to compile such projects. I've tried to use VS Find and Replace to rename the classes, but it turned out that VS simply can't handle such characters. I've looked into some deobfuscation tools, but so far all of the tool I've checked do not seem to work with multiple assemblies, that is, they do not take into account that the method or class that is renamed can be referenced in another assembly and should be renamed there as well. Perhaps someone could tell me if there is a tool that can handle this?
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

I don't think that such tool exists, I mean a tool that works on multiple levels or across more than one assembly.

you can use Reflexil "Rename" command in Reflector to rename those obfuscated members in a single assembly.
    Life can only be understood backwards but It must be read forwards

http://board.b-at-s.info
    http://portal.b-at-s.info/news.php