Thread: Nolan: encryption seeds 3 and 4 in flexlm 7.2

abccba

Nolan: encryption seeds 3 and 4 in flexlm 7.2

In Flexlm 7.2, the encryption seeds increase from 2 to 4. Furthermore, it adds CRO keys for further protection. How can I find seeds 3 and 4? It seems that Dan's method is not suitable now.

In addition, when I assigned seeds 3 and 4 by myself, demo.exe and lmcrypt.exe still can be compiled. But the license generated by lmcrypt.exe cannot used by demo.exe.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

flexing
    seeds 3 and 4 are an optional feature from what i got so far, the cro/ecc stuff is optional as well....anyways flexlm 7.1 was improved a little, obtaining the seeds 1 and 2 wont work anymore as it did for v7.0(u need to do some additional work to get around the random functions which generate some random seeds
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

E-
    Unfortunately the seeds are not stored in the daemon. The ECC specific seeds 3 and 4 are used to make the public and private keys. The daemon and/or the application read the SIGN= from the license file and only validate the signature, not the actual key. The private key used to do the signing is only compiled into the lmcrypt binary. Retrieving seed 3 and 4 will first be an excerise in factoring the ECC, then once the private key is determined, you must reverse how the private key is generated from the seeds. Good luck with this.

Kythen
    Actually, finding the seeds 1 & 2 and vendor key 5 are no different in v7.1 when CRO isn't used. The exact same principles from Nolan Blender's essay and the others still apply. When your target does use public key strength CRO however... I'd have to say you're pretty much screwed at making a license. Back to patching afaik.

abccba
    mm.. Yesterday, I have successfully compiled a daemon and corresponded lmcrypt.exe. It's my fault that I used the key5 for 7.0 instead of 7.2, so the license generated by lmcrypt cannot be accepted by the daemon. Now, I can generate key5 and extract vendor codes I assigned from daemon.

There are two more protection methods: one is public-key without CRO, the other is CRO.

According to the manual, we may define our public-key (public and private). Private keys will only compiled into lmcrypt.exe, so we cannot easily derive it from daemon, application, and SIGN license. Anyone has experience at public-key?

About CRO, how can I enable CRO option? Do I need correct CRO keys to enable this option? Is there any already exist keys?