View Poll Results: Shall we still have X86 derived processors in 2020 ?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure!

6 31.58%
  • Nope!

9 47.37%
  • No idea...

4 21.05%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: AMD processors "undocumented" debugging features and MSRs (DbgCtlMSR2 & al.)

Quote Originally Posted by j00ru View Post
    Have you given it a test, already?
    Just a super quick one, but yes it does work under Windows 2k even ! Good work.

It's like AMD Phenom II X4 810 ;>
    Very well ! If it's, like, confirms the hidden features have remained unchanged across proc generations, it will be worth the pain to make them available to a larger public of developers. And hopefully AMD won't destroy its own work, maybe even it will be willing to make the things official and documented, who can tell ?
    Last edited by Czernobyl; November 30th, 2010 at 03:30.

Just a super quick one, but yes it does work under Windows 2k even ! Good work.
    Thanks, that's just what I wanted to see ;D

Very well ! If it's, like, confirms the hidden features have remained unchanged across proc generations, it will be worth the pain to make them available to a larger public of developers. And hopefully AMD won't destroy its own work, maybe even it will be willing to make the things official and documented, who can tell ?
    Yeah, that's my point of view, as well. Soon I am going to launch some tests on a wider number of AMD processors ;>

BTW - do you think the app is worth being put into CRCEKL, supplementing the existing AMD research category?

Blog Entries
    Ah this thread makes me regret I have a house full of 20 Intels and not a single AMD to be found. Brb, time to go digging through the garage

Most interesting, I should really get my ass out of those VM's and do some proper reversing it seems. Nice work, seems it's also right here on my AMD Phenom X4 9950 black edition.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j00ru View Post
    BTW - do you think the app is worth being put into CRCEKL, supplementing the existing AMD research category?
    Yeah, sure, of course it is, here you go:

http://www.woodmann.com/collaborative/tools/index.php/AMD_dbg

Don't know about any "AMD research category" though, so I added it to some other suitable ones as a start anyway.

Update this entry as you please, as usual (and thanks for the nice tool, as usual too).
    "Give a man a quote from the FAQ, and he'll ignore it. Print the FAQ, shove it up his ass, kick him in the balls, DDoS his ass and kick/ban him, and the point usually gets through eventually."

Quote Originally Posted by dELTA View Post
    Yeah, sure, of course it is, here you go:

http://www.woodmann.com/collaborative/tools/index.php/AMD_dbg

Don't know about any "AMD research category" though, so I added it to some other suitable ones as a start anyway.

Update this entry as you please, as usual (and thanks for the nice tool, as usual too).
    Thanks!
    Well, the "AMD research category" was apparently a product of my imagination... ignore it

speaking of orthogonality

When defining processor features orthogonality is often desirable,although it may sometimes conflict with other design goals... Today I added a note on this subject as it applies to reverse engineering the expanded debug features, that I suggest the interested reader had a look at; there is certain lack of orthogonality which might in part be due to incomplete or partial implementation of a design, at least on my old processor model. And here comes your part, in the note I am suggesting ideas of things which while they do not work on my old Sempron, might be working on your newer processors... Please feel free to add your own debugging notes at the bottom of the page :
    Super-secret_debug_capabilities_of_AMD_processors_!