Thread: Question about decoding a SentinelLM License file ?

Hybrid View

Lomex

Question about decoding a SentinelLM License file ?

Hi folks.

have a general question how to decode a SentinelLM License file. Its License file, which was generated by the V7.0-7.2 SDK. Usually every license is crypted and you could use lsdecode, to get the needed values from it.
    Now I have a license, which was generated with the "Custom Output Format ==>Expanded readable License code". That means the license is almost completely readable beside some imporatant values about the Vendor ID and any Secrets inside.
    Now I cant get those values using lsdecode. I used the known BP for VID (00422460) and for the Secrets (00409CF7). Also the tool sldecode103 by souz, cant decode anything.

Since I know, no one would help me to get the right values, I made just a sample license file, with a fake feature name, a generic VID and a Secret inside.

Code:
    7  Test  1.0  LONG  NORMAL  STANDALONE  EXCL  INFINITE_KEYS  INFINITE_KEYS  7  OCT  2010  31  OCT  2010  NiL    SLM_CODE  DEMO  NiL  NiL  Ni  NiL  NiL  5_MINS  TestLicense  CHK_TAMPER  OHQEQA4B48PLB5VIO5  QI32ETOBM9
    So who can tell me, how to get the Vendor ID and Secret from this license. So I could use this information doing it myself on the right License file.

Thanks for any help

Lomex
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Lomex
    Wow. So many experienced users here, and no one was willing to help out.
    It seems that most users here, keep their knowledge for themselfs. Who knows why.

I already find the solution myself with the help from another "helpfull" guy in another Forum. Since I do wanna share knowledge with others. Here the solution.

You need Lsdecode v.8.2.2.300. You should know where to get this.

Use Ollydb and this Breakpoints

bp 409cf7
    bp 42107e

Pressing a lot of time F9 till you get the needed information.

cu

Lomex
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.