Thread: Analyzing and debugging not linux binaries on linux

Analyzing and debugging not linux binaries on linux

Is it possible to debug windows binaries on linux? I've tried to let wine emulate windows gdb (from dev-cpp) which should debug correct file. Unfortunately I failed. Are there another solutions for this problem?

2) How can I analyze f.e. Toyota map navigation system? I have dvd's for navigation and I want to analyze them. But how can I do it? I couldn't find the firmware of toyota's car which I think I should to emule?
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Use virtualization software for debugging, that works better than Wine (which I also had problems with), but it'd be easier to install windows as well as Linux on your system.

Quote Originally Posted by Xgrzyb90 View Post
    2) How can I analyze f.e. Toyota map navigation system? I have dvd's for navigation and I want to analyze them. But how can I do it? I couldn't find the firmware of toyota's car which I think I should to emule?
    More than likely, the DVDs are just data. They MAY have a firmware update on them. If I were you, I might use "dd" to make an image of the disc, and then see if you can determine the format of it. (assuming that when you mount it now, you can't "ls" it.).