Thread: Fix imports in a dll?

ukguy99

Exclamation Fix imports in a dll?

Hey guys

So ive ripped the dll in olly from memory from a non commercial app that downloads the dll into memory.

But now i need to fix the imports on the dll so that the dll functions properly... does anyone have any clue how to do this?

I can send you a copy of the dll if needed,any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

He says it's downloaded in memory and I assume that it's also remaped in memory so imprec won't help as it works only with existing images. Dirty hack to force imprec to use it would be to make extra LDR_DATA_TABLE_ENTRY which would describe this dll, and which imprec can see. Other way, which I would suggest is using custom import rebuild library, and one example you may find in http://deroko.phearless.org/GenericUnpacker.rar where for scanning imports you would specify start/end of this dll and let library to do the task for you, however you will need to extract usable code on your own (and I can help you with this) and write own tool to fix dump.