Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My revival act..

Blog Entries

My revival act..

as things age,and people move on..things and scenes tend to die out..be it VX RCE Hacking or w/e..I am hoping to issue in a revival act, a place for presenters and learners alike to come and discuss there thoughts and make connections with like minded individuals..I have talked to evilnine and he has opened the door for me to use his IRC network as a hosting spot for this..as I am no leader or 'poet' as others might think..I want to put this up here in hopes of attracting 'new' and 'seasoned' individuals to openly discuss their interests and there findings and there problems in a open way, without the stigma of being 'ridiculed' or 'banned' for having thoughts and discussing them..I was thinking about making this a weekly event..but the more people I talk to,the more I think that this will be a 'everyday' thing.. the topics to be discussed range to the end of human thought..without directly offensive words hopefully and 'some' of devils advocates that are able to keep there counter points on topic.

If you are interested in something like this please post below..I am not 'so' familiar with IRC that I know what I am doing..The ONLY stipulation to all of this is that we do not interfer with the other channels on the IRC network..

I hope 'some' find this as funny and ironic as I do...The IRC that I have chosen for this little venture is:irc.subseven.org #Banned

further channels and there descriptions will be in the Main channel..#Banned

regards BanMe

p.s. there is nothing "ce'me'nt'ed" in stone yet..But I would like to thank evilnine for allowing me to do this.
    Last edited by BanMe; September 17th, 2009 at 18:55.
    No hate for the lost children;
    more love for the paths we walk,
    'words' shatter the truth we seek.
    from the heart and mind of Me
    me, to you.. down and across

No more words from me, to you...
    Hate and love shatter the heart and Mind of Me.
    For the Lost Children;For the paths we walk; the real truth we seek!

I'm in.

And dont sell yourself short, you are leading by example and thats the best way to lead .

Woodmann

i am in too
    the channel name is funny though ...
    GEEK got banned from banned....lol
    Found in the OpenGL header file for Visual C++ 6: 'typedef GLint int '. AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!! [Don't get it? You're not a C programmer.]

A hacker does for love what others would not do for money.

Being married to a programmer is like having a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure if it hears you, much less comprehends what you say.

Blog Entries
    Its good to see 'some' interest in this..still waiting on a few others..

I am still up for suggestions and proposals for structure and communal layout..I hope to see you all and hear from you ..as I am slowly figuring out IRC and its commands and still talking to some contacts and working out what ill need..to back all this up, in a effecient and productive way.

regards BanMe

Hehe was about to post a reply here for some days..
    The idea itself is very nice, though it is always hard to start such a venture.
    Good luck anyway, though now well-known, I will surely do my best to contribute ;>

gritz

Blog Entries
    www.re-banned.com

regards BanMe
    Last edited by BanMe; September 30th, 2009 at 11:25. Reason: updated

I'm fully behind you - seeing as how you seem driven to develop this - (a little play on your "ID"), but a word of caution, similar has been tried in the past, expect a good deal of resistance, hope I'm wrong - who knows maybe times have changed enough.

SiGiNT
    Unemployed old fart Geek - Self Employed Annoyance
    Team: Noobisco Crackers
    If someone can't do it for you, you'll never learn!

Blog Entries
    I dont expect the 'resistance' I welcome it. ;}

I am currently looking for anyone willing to produce beginner level 'courses'..and ideas for courses..

also thanks for the interest ;}

BanMe

Irwin
    To be completely honest, you're anything but an example for initiative. I've seen you try & make decent programmers regress with your asinine thoughts & suggestions. Furthermore, you spout completely retarded shit which makes me question your sanity, along with your credibility. A man who speaks of contemplating becoming a serial killer, on forum of all places, is not one fit to lead any "intellectual/evolutionary revolution".

Take a look at the kind of advice you give: (I'm paraphrasing)
    Question: "How would I display a message box using WinAPI?"
    Right Answer: "Use MessageBox(Ex)."
    Your Answer: "WAKE UP SHEEP! Using MessageBox would be giving in to Microsoft's constraints, use MessageBoxTimeout instead!"

Question: "How would I check if a process is running is utilizing Wow64 emulation?
    Right Answer: "Use IsWow64Process.
    Your Answer: "Fool! Use NtQueryInformationProcess instead & check the ProcessWow64Information class."

Seriously, the number of times I've seen you convoluted threads with your mindless babble & pollute the minds of other posters is simply mind-boggling. Dolts like yourself should be kept off the internet, or at least sites meant for intelligent discussion.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Blog Entries
    lol..Hi irwin.. welcome to the boards, I see you have contributed much..with your 2 posts..I dont recall giving any of those answers you say I have given.. but I guess if the mighty XOR thinks it happened, it must've..and to be clear, I didnt contemplate being a serial killer..I contemplated the events that could've lead me to being one..thats somewhat different.. But I guess my views are different then yours, and your willing to hunt me down and try to bring me to the level of civilized 'individuals' such as yourself... I find this amusing to say the least.. I HAVE a stalker..WOOHOO!! regardless of this small fact, I welcome you, and hold you in the same regards as I do everyone..Hate me with your very soul if that suites you..me I am content with myself.. are you?

In fact I would suggest no action be taken against you, but I doubt my suggestion will be heeded..

BanMe

p.s. Please explain to me how is it wrong to present alternitive ways of doing things? I mean do you take the petfairy stance and say "something that has already been done, is not worth doing again?", or do you do things differently and try to come up with more then 1 solution to a problem? I ask because I am interested in understanding why you think such off the wall answers are not valid.
    Last edited by BanMe; October 7th, 2009 at 19:13.

OH MAN..............!!!!!

You have a hater .

I wish I had a dozen of them to engage me in witty banter.

"you smell that son?".
    "What sir?".
    "Trolls son".
    "one time this board was crawling with them trolls".
    "They come with their clever words and oh so intelligent insights".
    "You know one time, a long time ago, they used to come all the time".
    "And the hunters killed them all".
    "I love the smell of trolls in the morning"

JMI will know what I Loosely based that on.

Woodmann

Irwin
    Quote Originally Posted by BanMe View Post
    lol..Hi irwin.. welcome to the boards, I see you have contributed much..with your 2 posts..
    Look at our join dates, It'd be far more appropriate if I were to welcome you. Also, you've contributed even less to this community than I have, you've only derailed people who were unfortunate enough to read your posts and take what you said to heart.

I dont recall giving any of those answers you say I have given..
    I was making examples out of the kind of support you give, I would suggestion considering listening to you read the linked post.

but I guess if the mighty XOR thinks it happened, it must've..
    Well as you know, I'm rarely wrong. & I just provided a link proving you're fond on supporting & reinforcing retarded ideas.

and to be clear, I didnt contemplate being a serial killer..I contemplated the events that could've lead me to being one.. thats somewhat different..
    LOL.

But I guess my views are different then yours,
    That's true, I'm intelligent & sane. You on the other hand, are foolish & mentally disturbed.

and your willing to hunt me down and try to bring me to the level of civilized 'individuals' such as yourself... I find this amusing to say the least.. I HAVE a stalker..WOOHOO!!
    Are you really that full of yourself? I've been lurking woodmann forums for years, probably before you even knew of its existence. I'm just tired of seeing your retarded posts pollute the forums.

regardless of this small fact, I welcome you, and hold you in the same regards as I do everyone..
    To be honest, I think you should just fuck off. You're not helping anyone & you're clearly not learning anything meaningful either.

Hate me with your very soul if that suites you..me I am content with myself.. are you?
    Hate you? I'm far too detached from the internet to harbor anger towards someone half way around the world. On the other hand, I truly do detest how you attempt to mislead people with your pathetic charades which you attempt to label as "help". I must say though, your failed attempt at psychoanalysis is somewhat funny.

In fact I would suggest no action be taken against you, but I doubt my suggestion will be heeded..
    If [administrative] members of this community are stupid enough to actually listen to you, then I clearly do not belong in the first place.

p.s. Please explain to me how is it wrong to present alternitive ways of doing things? I mean do you take the petfairy stance and say "something that has already been done, is not worth doing again?", or do you do things differently and try to come up with more then 1 solution to a problem? I ask because I am interested in understanding why you think such off the wall answers are not valid.
    Nothing is wrong with opting to use an alternate method unless it's less safe/portable/viable/etc than the other options. The thread I linked to is a perfect example of this, why would/should someone access the PEB to get a module's entry point address instead of the safer alternatives? It's simple, they shouldn't.

The PEB is an unsupported internal structure which is volatile, bound to change among OS/architecture & reading from it is all of the aforementioned as well as being unsupported. No real programmer would make such a pedantic suggestion over the supported & safe alternative (using GetModuleInformation).

Again, I advise anyone thinking of listening to BanMe to read this post:
    http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=3831388#3831388
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Wow...why turn an invitation to a new RE community to flame and negativity..xor if youre not interested you couldve easily just bypassed the thread, but it seems your passion is strong and you just had to reply..At any rate im in and willing to lend the hand.

regards
    genuine

Blog Entries
    Irwin is right, of course, about not using internal structures when there's a public API. I just have to remark that the PEB can be accessed without inline assembly, but that's just a minor off-topic observation to Irwin's comment in the linked thread. I can only comment on Irwin's posts because I frankly can't understand what BanMe is saying in the thread: I mean I can't understand it both technically nor from the language point of view.

I could grasp:

Quote Originally Posted by BanMe
    yea to get it from Runtime you could get it from the PEB..

very simply without api.. ;p

sad.. to do it that way when you could do it on all os's with the proper code
    This doesn't make sense at all. The PEB should be accessed only for hacks / unsupported & undocumented stuff / to by-pass API hooks which return incorrect information. And as Irwin pointed out, it is a volatile structure and accessing it limits portability.

Wow...why turn an invitation to a new RE community to flame and negativity..xor if youre not interested you couldve easily just bypassed the thread, but it seems your passion is strong and you just had to reply..At any rate im in and willing to lend the hand.

regards
    genuine