Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PM requests

PM requests

This is definitely off topic but I want all who have done this in the past or are contemplating it, I don't crack for money, I don't reply to target specific requests from posters with less than 25 posts, (after reviewing at least a few of them), especially when it comes to well known protections with tons of references out there - real newbies only PM me if I request it, otherwise ask on the open forum - if you are PMing me you obviously think I don't follow the spirit of this forum - not true - I give help and a nudge or 2 in the direction I think is right, BUT I WON"T DO OUR WORK FOR YOU!

NUFF SAID!!

SiGiNT
    Unemployed old fart Geek - Self Employed Annoyance
    Team: Noobisco Crackers
    If someone can't do it for you, you'll never learn!

Condemned geezer
    Sigh!

Back in those years playing with the well known protectors' well known protections was a great fun. Double dippers, hoppers are a few to name.

Now, it's all quiet on the reversers' front; less written, less read.

Well.........

If you can get the money up front .

Usually I get the generic "I cant do it please help me" request.
    There are very few I have replied to. Maybe 4-6 in all the years.

It helps that I dont know shit about anything so it makes it easy to hit the delete button after I read the first 5 words of the PM.

Plus I think the most important aspect of RCE is having a more than basic understanding of what it is you are trying to do.
    The old days of "find this jmp and patch/nop" are long gone.

If you cant show that you have even a remote clue as to what you are doing then it just looks like a crack request.

Speaking of crack requests, are there still people who dont know where to go to steal software?

Woodmann

<script>alert(0)</script> disavowed's Avatar
    same here.. over the past few weeks i've been inundated with PMs from new forum members and i've actually had to start adding people to my ignore-list (this is after i told them, "please don't msg me directly, post your questions on the forums instead", and they still keep msging me anyway).

Blog Entries
    Please let us know of any lamers doing this, and we can then ban them instead of all of you having to update your ignore lists.
    "Give a man a quote from the FAQ, and he'll ignore it. Print the FAQ, shove it up his ass, kick him in the balls, DDoS his ass and kick/ban him, and the point usually gets through eventually."

Well, I don't want anyone banned but this latest was sent the link to this thread, continues to amaze me the people I keep telling, I don't have time to completely reverse FlexLM, shit CrackZ has it all over me on that, as well as those who came before him, but if YOU DON'T MIND BEING A HACK LIKE ME!!, FlexLM can be defeated using even conventional cr@cking techniques, hell I've done it before I recognized it was FlexLM. If persistent enough you can find the vulnerabilities and and put them on index cards or something - you don't need to know the science behind it, besides with the latest versions you pretty much are left no choice but to patch!

SiGiNT

During last month , more than 1000 times i was about to send pm to professional reversers here for asking guides or helps or ... about my problem.
    you cann't imagine how hard it was , to stop myself from doing that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodmann View Post
    Well.........

If you can get the money up front .
    well, if you got money to spent, then use any freelance website and post there (as i did once). i once though to post a question here, but i doubt someone will help anyway. thankfully, i found out the solution myself

There is a difference between "I have money" and "I need help".

If you have the money, buy it.
    If you need help, ask.

If you dont have any money then you can either learn how to do it yourself or go to one of those places that has the stuff for free.

I thought people came here to learn, not to steal.

Oh, as an example of the kind of thing we discuss here, I was looking at a piece of software that has a time limit.
    I was wondering if they still use the same tricks from the old days so I took a look at it. They dont so I wanted to see
    how they do it nowadays.
    I dont need to steal it, it only costs $99.00 and does EXACTLY what I want so I will buy it BUT,
    I may ask for help if I REALLY NEED TO KNOW. I wont pay someone to tell me, what will I have learned from that?
    Woodmann

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy helping people. but single posters will not get a response untill they have exhausted all the referene material out there and asked their questions in the public part of the forum.

SiGiNT

Trust me SiG, I dont have you wrong .

Sometimes I just wonder why people come here.
    Even though we are still considered crackers, it's not what we do anymore.
    That shit was over years ago.

Sending me a PM to crack something is lame.
    If you want it bad enough buy it or steal it.

And notice that I have no problem telling someone to steal.
    If I was to say otherwise, it would make me look the fool.
    I know you can find anything for free. Well, most things .

I can go on for hours about how it used to be but, I mean for fucks sake, we began the transformation 10 years ago. We have worked hard to separate ourselves from the "cracker" moniker.

Some of the best RE people come here for the best knowledge that can be found. If this place sucked then it would have died many years ago.

SiG, this has nothing to do with you, you have carte blanche here as far as I am concerned. You give and thats all that I ask.

If you learn something here, no matter how trivial it may seem, give it back so others may know.

I'm glad I'm not CrackZ, he must get 10 requests a day .

Woodmann

Blog Entries
    unfortunately, i faced with stuffs that can not/hardly be found anywhere in the net, because it is arcade things

i once hired to reverse something back then, and since the first time we talked, i also give him an option, why not you buy the source code instead?

Perhaps I am up for a challenge then .

PM me your desire.

Blog Entries
    challenge to find on the net, or to reverse?

for now, there's nothing i need. i'll pm you when i'm stuck with one

Challenge to find. I cant reverse a friggen toothbrush at my advanced age.

Woodmann