Thread: Exclusive known as xor crypto, how to read the uncrypted string

Exclusive known as xor crypto, how to read the uncrypted string

Well the the dynamic dll has some of its strings protected by exclusive or crypting known as xor. I would like to read out those strings but i dont know how, searched googles and several froums i found out that people are using ida pro plugin x 86 emu but that plugin crashes after some steps into and wont read out the strings.

Im using ida pro 5.2 also having olly dbg.

Anyone who has a clue what i could do or know some special plugins please answer THX!

I use UltraEdit and Calc usually until I've broken the code and then whip up in a decryptor in Visual Studio when I've got enough info. For how long it takes I normally don't bother with plugins.

can u specifie what is calc?

Sure, Start->Run->Calc

Watch out for that xor crypto ... rumor has it the NSA might be able to break it, but I doubt it...

XorTool

Well the the dynamic dll has some of its strings protected by exclusive or crypting known as xor. I would like to read out those strings but i dont know how
    If it's simple XOR, ADD, SUB and ROR/L (1 byte password) and you know some know string from DLL you can use
    http://progress-tools.110mb.com/xortool.html for searching or decoding whole file for preview what is inside.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.