Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FlexLM v8.x - Problem while trying to retrieve both encryption seeds

Blog Entries
    @tr1stan:

Probably you are right, but we should also be able to solve the problem by following the code from parsing a license file while trying to add a new feature by license file.
    Very unlikly both licensing modes use different methods to check license....
    - Reverse Enginnering can be everything, but sometimes it's more than nothing. Really rare moments but then they appear to last ages... -

Blog Entries
    Just finished a long session on the target...

I was able to patch the application. Now it is running in ProMode, but with any feature installed. Moreover there are seperate modules which seem to have additional flexlm checks.

I think that my current method is not very good. Probably i will miss a few checks, so I'm still searching for a better solution.

Tell me if you guys managed to fully deconstruct the flexlm license checking.

I will be in vacation for a week now, so don't worry about me not answering. Will be back in a few days.

Really an interesting target in my opinion, last 4 hours were gone that fast

Hope to see some of your results when I'm back,
    Regards,
    OHPen.
    - Reverse Enginnering can be everything, but sometimes it's more than nothing. Really rare moments but then they appear to last ages... -

I have got two right seeds. No strange thing here. It is just as other flexlm target.

But, you need update the *.lic files under %Program Files%\common files\EIBA sc\License, and remove INCREMENT line in *_demo.lic file. Then program will check your license now, you can get vc and job strucure.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by NoFlexlm; June 4th, 2009 at 03:44.

Blog Entries
    Hey,

Finally I was able to extract all needed. This is a good moment to say thank you to all the people who helped me with that , Thanks a lot!

As mentioned before now it seems not to be a special application in terms of flexlm modification, but more in terms of a unusuall way of checking the licenses. Moreover the application has a own server installed which checks live whether licenses are remove, add or modified.

In my opinion a very bloaty measure to handle licenses, anyway.

Currently, a part of my working license looks like that:

Code:
    VENDOR XXXX
    FEATURE BlahBlahPro BLAHDAEMON 1.000 permanent uncounted VENDOR_STRING="LN \
    	000-00-00000000" HOSTID=DISK_SERIAL_NUM=XXXXXXXX \
    	SIGN=XXXXXXXXXXXX
    I was not able to get any other type of license running. But this works for all features, if you add additional feature lines.

The Vendor-String seems to be more or less useless and is nothing more that customer watermarking a license line.

It was an interesting target Thank you all.

Regards,
    OHPen