Thread: ""SECURE LOADER USED TO PROTECT THIS SOFTWARE HAS ENCOUNTERED A FATAL ERROR"

megatron

""SECURE LOADER USED TO PROTECT THIS SOFTWARE HAS ENCOUNTERED A FATAL ERROR"

Hi All,

Does anyone knows how to get away with this problem. when i launch my program in the ollydbg i get this error.

"SECURE LOADER USED TO PROTECT THIS SOFTWARE HAS ENCOUNTERED A FATAL ERROR. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SOFTWARE VENDOR"

now if i try to run this program even without the ollydbg i still get this error. i think the program has put some reg when i tried to run this with ollydbg. and now i can not use this software.

Can anyone help?
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

well not to be an ass or something , but im sure you could figure it by tracing the error ?
    perhaps figure out how it displays the msg like MessageBoxA or CreateDialogA or something like that , then from there back-trace via the stack , might give you a hint to where it decides that your copy / version is broken / being reverse engineerd . the error itself...well could be anything
    http://www.reversing.dk/

<script>alert(0)</script> disavowed's Avatar
    and not to be an even bigger ass, but if you're getting that message even without running it under a debugger, perhaps you *should* contact your software vendor.

megatron
    yes i am getting this message event without the ollydbg... any other suggestion....
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Naides is Nobody
    Start by installing the program in another computer, without olly present. see if the program starts. Run it under regmon and filemon, save a print out of the files accessed and the reg keys accessed by the program. backup the registry. run under olly. See if you reproduce the failure. Look at a print out of the files and regs and compare with the previous olly-less run. Make another backup of the registry and compare with the previous.